dyskaryosis abnormal cells on cervix)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Calling all cervix owners. I just had a smear and it came back abnormal with possibly severe dyskaryosis. Now I have been invited for a colposcopy in a few weeks, with potentially removing those abnormal cells with a electric loop. I forgot what the official name for this is.
Now my question is, if you had this done, how well did you heal? How fast? Any complications? I am truly scared about the healing process.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Calling all cervix owners. I just had a smear and it came back abnormal with possibly severe dyskaryosis. Now I have been invited for a colposcopy in a few weeks, with potentially removing those abnormal cells with a electric loop. I forgot what the official name for this is.
Now my question is, if you had this done, how well did you heal? How fast? Any complications? I am truly scared about the healing process.
I and one done (was for polyp removal) a few weeks ago. They said it would take a bout 5-7 days and it did. Experienced exactly the sysmtoims that they said I would.
I guess it might depend on your control but my last hba1c was 58.
I don’t know whether yours will be the same as I had something removed not just scrapped.

Reactions: oldgreymare

JMoli

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I had one done a little over a year ago and it was absolutely fine. I hadn’t been diagnosed diabetic then so not sure of any blood sugar changes. I’m sure you’ll be absolutely fine x

Wooly123

Hi, I too had colposcopy then a LLETZ done 3 years ago and the abnormal cells came back last year and had another colposcopy and LLETZ in November 2020. My hba1c is 7.3 , I think that’s 55 in the new measurement, but the last time I had the LLETZ my levels were much better around 6. Have healed well both times within 4-5 weeks even though I was worried that this time I was older and levels not as good. No complications. I am still awaiting the result of my November colposcopy, as doctors did the colposcopy and then LLETZ at the same appointment, so fingers crossed it comes back ok. The LLETZ honestly isn’t a nice experience and both times I’ve had it I have felt a bit emotional and sorry for myself afterwards but that may have just been me being pathetic! It certainly helps telling someone close to you so they can look out for you and make you feel ok about it. I found it quite scary both times but now I look back and know that I healed ok I know I shouldn’t have been so scared.

One thing I would say is don’t rush into any sports or exercise in the 4 weeks after the LLETZ as I did that and caused a bit more bleeding I think. Just wait for 4 weeks before you even think about exercise!