Medication induced Diabetes?

Silvasava

Hi All - Newbie here.
I have been told by my practice nurse that I am pre-diabetic. My HBAc1 level has increased over the last 18 months :( However, on researching I've found that being on Statins and Beta Blockers among some other prescribed meds for heart issues these seem to be the culprits.
Has anyone suggestions on how I can better manage this? I dont drink (meds) Ive never smoked and I'm not overweight

any and all suggestions gratefully received. Thank you

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Even if you don't want to lose weight, low carb is a successful way to lower blood sugar - just eat plenty of unprocessed/lightly processed fat instead of carbs to maintain weight.
And it isn't necessarily an issue for cholesterol - some research suggests that a mix of highly processed fats plus processed carbs is the worst culprit. My triglycerides actually improved on low carb with extra eggs, cheese, plus double cream, etc. while my HDL/LDL ratio improved too.

Silvasava

Even if you don't want to lose weight, low carb is a successful way to lower blood sugar - just eat plenty of unprocessed/lightly processed fat instead of carbs to maintain weight.
And it isn't necessarily an issue for cholesterol - some research suggests that a mix of highly processed fats plus processed carbs is the worst culprit. My triglycerides actually improved on low carb with extra eggs, cheese, plus double cream, etc. while my HDL/LDL ratio improved too.

My cholesterol level has never been an issue but I've been put on a statin as I had a stroke 18 months ago, nothing to do with my cholesterol level, due to heart problems. Ive always used butter in moderation and full fat mature cheese, not a fan of cream thou, you can have my share ;) I must admit I could up my veggie intake though. Thank you