JoeyGraf20

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The cold
Just received my Libre 2 system!
Just waiting for the sensor to set itself up and reading some posts about it and the differences to the traditional finger prick.
Was diagnosed in October and had my first Hba1c reading for the doctors 3 weeks ago...came back as 44 so very happy with that!
Will be interesting to see how using the Libre2 to manage diabetes day to day will affect the results/reading!

Any advice welcome and I will post any results good or bad I find using it
20210501_123025.jpg
20210501_123626.jpg
20210501_123819.jpg

Reactions: Antje77 and EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
That's awesome. I have had two pivotal moments in my T1 control. The first was in the 80s when I gt my first glucometer, and the second was a few years ago when I got my first libre. Allergies meant I had to give up the libre but I now have a dexcom which is absolutely life changing,

Just bear in mind that cgms aren't always accurate (particularly when hypo), do occasional glucometer checks to make sure your sensor is accurate, and enjoy. :):):)

Actually, I can't stress enough that you double check reading when hypo. (From personal experiece)

Reactions: HeliGary

JoeyGraf20

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The cold
Glad you have found something that works for you now

All a learning curve I suppose, but I will still keep enough stocks of the lancets etc just so I can compare the two readings as I did read a number of articles about the libre being hit and miss

More to learn as always haha

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tips
- give your body a chance to get used to the alien object in it before activating. I have found Libre 2 worse than Libre 1. For me, if i don’t give my body 3 days to get used to the sensor, the first 3 days are too inaccurate to rely on and a waste of the sensor for that time..
- do not rely on the values higher than 9 or less than 4. The sensor is less accurate at these
levels.
- do not forget the 15 minute delay. This is especially important when correcting hypos or when blood sugars changing fast such as falling during exercise.
- set thresholds such that the alerts will sound before hitting limits so you have time to correct.

Reactions: JoeyGraf20

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i m waiting for a free 14 day sensor trail . i have been given a c ode but it did not work . waiting for them to sent a new code looking forward to trying this

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

It's interesting how individuals react differently to these sensors.
I found the L2 more stable & accurate than the MK1.
Had no issue with readings or accuracy after a couple of hours startup.
The only thing I found with the L2 (as with the L1.) is if low it can take as long 40 minutes to come back up
Which can be a good half hour or so after recovery & possibly what the meter says too?