Vaginal dryness

Bridie9408

Hi everybody this is 1 for the ladies . Am I right in thinking that type 1 diabetics causes vaginal dryness . I a have problem with vaginal dryness and I know the menopause can cause this but I am just wondering has any type 1s experienced this. Any helpful tips would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everybody this is 1 for the ladies . Am I right in thinking that type 1 diabetics causes vaginal dryness . I a have problem with vaginal dryness and I know the menopause can cause this but I am just wondering has any type 1s experienced this. Any helpful tips would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.
My doctor prescribed Estradiol pessaries, as moisturisers/lubricants didn't help. The normal dose of one twice a week only helped a little, so I had to double the dose, then take 2 three times per week. That was a great improvement (I could no longer feel discomfort walking), but I never got back to normal. Only the menopause was blamed, diabetes wasn't mentioned. My control had always been relatively good (doctors were more pleased with it than I was.)

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was prescribed Estradiol hrt cream when I was peri menopausal/menopausal which was effective when used more often than recommended (oops!). Also used Silk lubricant at times. Was told the dryness was due to the menopause. Now that the menopause is behind me (yippee), I don't need to use either.
Hope you can get some relief, it's horrible to suffer with!