Covid jab and sores on fingers and feet

UKGirl

Hello Everyone, I had my 2nd Covid jab a few weeks ago but now feel very tired/exhausted and have sores on my fingers and feet. The doctor has given me some cream and told me not to use soaps/anything perfumed but it is worrying me as this has never happened before.
I manage my diabetes with diet and have had no problems with this up until now.
Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any advice/experience to share?
Thank you

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Everyone, I had my 2nd Covid jab a few weeks ago but now feel very tired/exhausted and have sores on my fingers and feet. The doctor has given me some cream and told me not to use soaps/anything perfumed but it is worrying me as this has never happened before.
Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any advice/experience to share?
Thank you
When you say sore, do you mean just sensitive or itchy, or are they open sores or blisters? Which vaccine was it?

If you think it may be connected to the vaccination, then you should raise a yellow card to alert the monitoring team, since they will take action if enough people seem to report similar problems. You should have been given a leaflet that tells you how to do the yellow card. Foot sores can be a real problem for diabetics, so keep an eye on them especially if they weep,

There have been reports from some that the vaccination seems to cause elevated glucose levels, which may be causing this. It seems to not be a permanent problem and settles down after a while.

Reactions: UKGirl

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Covid rash, possibly caused by your vaccination, is a possibility. Alternatively you could have contracted covid. Have you been tested? Our immunity isnt complete until a couple of weeks after our second jab, and we can still get covid even when fully vaccinated, just not as badly.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-post/skin-rash-covid

Be worth mentioning this possibility to your GP and fill our the yellow card.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you
Hi I don’t want to alarm you and I can’t possibly say what is causing this but I read yesterday there have been two cases of Monkeypox diagnosed in Wales this week which has the symptoms you describe along with nasty sores on the hands. It just might be worth discussing with your GP.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I don’t want to alarm you and I can’t possibly say what is causing this but I read yesterday there have been two cases of Monkeypox diagnosed in Wales this week which has the symptoms you describe along with nasty sores on the hands. It just might be worth discussing with your GP.
The symptoms do not seem to tally. Monkeypox is accompanied by fever, chills, and muscle aches, which have not been reported here. Monkeypox appears to be a contagious virus, like cowpox, and transmission between humans is very rare in the UK. The two reported cases in Wales are from the same household, I believe. The welts and blisters from monkeypox are large and obvious, and again are not being reported here.

UKGirl

When you say sore, do you mean just sensitive or itchy, or are they open sores or blisters? Which vaccine was it?

If you think it may be connected to the vaccination, then you should raise a yellow card to alert the monitoring team, since they will take action if enough people seem to report similar problems. You should have been given a leaflet that tells you how to do the yellow card. Foot sores can be a real problem for diabetics, so keep an eye on them especially if they weep,

There have been reports from some that the vaccination seems to cause elevated glucose levels, which may be causing this. It seems to not be a permanent problem and settles down after a while.
They are like chilblains. very sensitive and some were open. others were like blood blisters or bruises under the skin. They are itchy. I also have no appetite, have no energy and am really tired. I am wondering if the Covid vaccination has elevated my diabetic symptoms perhaps. Its been around 6 weeks now though and so I have been to the doctor who has ordered some blood work. I will post the results so that it might help others.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are like chilblains. very sensitive and some were open. others were like blood blisters or bruises under the skin. They are itchy. I also have no appetite, have no energy and am really tired. I am wondering if the Covid vaccination has elevated my diabetic symptoms perhaps. Its been around 6 weeks now though and so I have been to the doctor who has ordered some blood work. I will post the results so that it might help others.
You may have long covid.