ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Your timing or insulin dose must not be correct for the carbohydrates you are eating. Ask your DN for help.

Job76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High readings
Your timing or insulin dose must not be correct for the carbohydrates you are eating. Ask your DN for help.
Thanks,I was thinking possibly but I’ve never had a day of so many lows after eating and taking insulin,,

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks,I was thinking possibly but I’ve never had a day of so many lows after eating and taking insulin,,

Hi there, I think if you give us a few more details we might be able to comment appropriately. Otherwise the answer, as above will be 'too much insulin'. What is your usual regime, what numbers do you normally see on a 'normal' day, is this just the one day, have you been ill, are you in the honeymoon period, have you just run a marathon? So many things could be responsible really.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be to do with the hot weather we are having at the moment. Some people need less insulin in hot weather, some need more, but some people aren't affected by the weather. We're all different.

Reactions: JMK1954 and EllieM

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do I keep getting low blood sugar after eating and taking insulin

Hi,

Could be an error regarding dosage & carb count on what was eaten?
Or insulin working profile not complimenting the timing on what was/is being digested.
Possibly increased insulin sensitivity due to the hot weather happening.
What basal (long acting) are you using.? This could need a tweak, (again, due to the heatwave.) sometimes it's not always due to the bolus??

Does this happen at work, or generally on any given day??
There are a fair few "variables" to chose from & eliminate...

Job76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High readings
Hi,

Could be an error regarding dosage & carb count on what was eaten?
Or insulin working profile not complimenting the timing on what was/is being digested.
Possibly increased insulin sensitivity due to the hot weather happening.
What basal (long acting) are you using.? This could need a tweak, (again, due to the heatwave.) sometimes it's not always due to the bolus??

Does this happen at work, or generally on any given day??
There are a fair few "variables" to chose from & eliminate...

Job76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High readings
Good morning it’s happening in work as well but has you said it’s only been this bad since weather I think this may be the case I will check with my GP today I am normally good as I have had this about 17 years,thanks for you reply

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning it’s happening in work as well but has you said it’s only been this bad since weather I think this may be the case I will check with my GP today I am normally good as I have had this about 17 years,thanks for you reply

Good morning to you,

Your profile says you are a carpenter. (I work in landscaping..)
If your in hot environments? Like a trade estate unit? Or on site.? The hightened insulin sensitivity route maybe the first thing to look at?
Basal testing could be your foundation to build from first?

What long acting insulin are you prescribed? It may need a tweak I liaison with your GP.

Job76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High readings
Yes that’s right,I am a carpenter and this weather is very hot for sure,,I will be ringing my GP today my wife also works I’m my doctors I will be seeking advice today,thankyou

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
You might want to try injecting after you've eaten rather than before .

Job76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High readings
Hi there, I think if you give us a few more details we might be able to comment appropriately. Otherwise the answer, as above will be 'too much insulin'. What is your usual regime, what numbers do you normally see on a 'normal' day, is this just the one day, have you been ill, are you in the honeymoon period, have you just run a marathon? So many things could be responsible really.

Job76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High readings
No just a normal day 1 unit to 8g carbs but out of 11 readings yesterday 8 was under 4 I’ve never had that low all day