Had my consult with Endo, he said I was not a diabetic & would issue a letter to that effect

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
Have to agree with another poster that the surgery they are foisting isn’t actually working for 50% of folks

So low carb versus barbaric surgery now I’d love to see the data on that if they ever do it as it would make very interesting reading.

Reactions: lucylocket61

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to agree with another poster that the surgery they are foisting isn’t actually working for 50% of folks

So low carb versus barbaric surgery now I’d love to see the data on that if they ever do it as it would make very interesting reading.
Pistols at Dawn, eh?

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The Swedish Obesity Subjects trial goes back to the 80s.
This was long before low carb eating became the professional wisdom.
I'd love to see the long term remission data on those who lost 30% weight plus ate <130g carbs per day.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Swedish Obesity Subjects trial goes back to the 80s.
This was long before low carb eating became the professional wisdom.
I'd love to see the long term remission data on those who lost 30% weight plus ate <130g carbs per day.
Be careful here. the Swedish Obesity Subjects trial (SOS) did indeed occur, but it was using various bariatric surgery techniques, not a diet.

The closest I can find to the original Swedish LCHF trials was this one
https://www.sonourished.com/news/swedish-study-explores-low-carb-diet-mproves-metabolism/

Neither of these trials was evaluating the effects on diabetes patients and were obesity studies, pure and simple.

The Swedish LC and keto movement grew slowly and was mainly anecdotal evidence-based.
See also
https://www.researchgate.net/public...d_On_Social_Media_by_Non-Conventional_Experts

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Be careful here. the Swedish Obesity Subjects trial (SOS) did indeed occur, but it was using various surgery techniques, not a diet.

Think this is the data regarding weight loss vs bariatric procedure over time.
That quoted 30% weight loss was only in the gastric bypass group & did decay from the 1 year to 8 year period

R.aca737cc92e3e9aecd7ad08541f1bc0e

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
Be careful here. the Swedish Obesity Subjects trial (SOS) did indeed occur, but it was using various bariatric surgery techniques, not a diet.

The closest I can find to the original Swedish LCHF trials was this one
https://www.sonourished.com/news/swedish-study-explores-low-carb-diet-mproves-metabolism/

Neither of these trials was evaluating the effects on diabetes patients and were obesity studies, pure and simple.

The Swedish LC and keto movement grew slowly and was mainly anecdotal evidence-based.
See also
https://www.researchgate.net/public...d_On_Social_Media_by_Non-Conventional_Experts
That’s a shame as well as it would be beneficial for diabetic to see the data on this. But then studies are always in favour of the person that started it none are bias and they all have an agenda sadly.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Original credit @JohnEGreen if memory serves.
Yup I have to own up to it twas I who done it gove,

Grandson left school due to health reasons no O levels or A levels but through diligence hard work and persiverence he has just graduated with a first in Economics so atainment at school is no indictor of ability.

And if I were to want advice on nuetrition vitamins or suppliments to diet I would take his over any endo every time.Because of the endless research he has put in over the years as a bodybuilder.