Low Carb Egg "Bread"

s230787

I found this recipe, can't remember if it was on here from a very old post but i just thought i would share it all with you. It is gorgeous, and I am more than happy to substitute bread for this! Eating it for din dins right now with a slice of chicken in it :thumbup:

I put a little bit more italian seasoning in it and some chilli powder, left out the garlic powder as I didn't have any in the cupboard :lol:

http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-spinach-cheese-bread-361510

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried almond flour bread too? I've made biscuits and cakes with this and I'm going to give the bread a go this afternoon, apparently it comes out a bit like irish soda bread.

Can't wait to try it with a boiled egg and lots of spread in the morning!! :)

s230787

Not tried almond flour yet at all, i've been looking for it in the shops but can't find. Looked online and its a fair few pounds... payday next week so i think i'll be purchasing then :lol:

alliebee

This looks yummy, am going to make this for me tonight as im on my own Thankyou :D

I too have been looking for almond flour, Anyone tell me where to get it?

jahusba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having to cut carbs
cheapest I've found is at Aldi's

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried a piece of my almond flour bread this morning with an egg and it was very nice (even if I do say so myself!), it even toasted, took a while under the grill though! And it didn't spike me, a bit lower than usual if anything :D

Sainsbury's sell ground almonds (almond flour), at £1.99 for 200g. How much is it in Aldi? I go through a bag or two of it a week so I wouldn't mind getting it somewhere else as it ends up being a bit pricey :?

s230787

oooh glad it was nice, i've been searching like a muppet for almond flour everywhere, the only place i could source it seemed to be america at a cost of £15-£20 a bag!!

i bet you thought i was stupid when i said i had to wait till payday lol!! now i can buy some for a few quid :lol: i'm so :crazy: sometimes

Do you have a recipe for your bread?? or even better your biscuit recipe :D

antmos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sirzy,

Do you have a recipe for the almond flour bread? Sounds delish!

Thanks,

Ant

jahusba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having to cut carbs
Last time I bought them at Aldi's I stocked up so they may have gone up a bit since then, but they were only 99p for 200g

Jane :)

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In Sainsburys they are 99p for 100g and £2.19 for 200g :eh: work that one out....

pianoman

At Dr Andreas Eenfeldt's The Diet Doctor site he has a recipe for something called "Oopsies" which he says can substitute for bread. I haven't tried them myself (never felt the lack of bread) so I can't vouch for them but they look interesting nonetheless ...scroll down a bit from this link http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf#tips

lchf-oopsie2.jpg

Oopsies
6–8 depending on size.

• 3 eggs
    100 grams of cream cheese
    a pinch of salt
    ½ tablespoon fiberhusk (can be excluded)
    ½ teaspoon baking powder (can be excluded)

• * Separate the eggs, egg whites in one bowl and egg yolks in another.
    * Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
    * Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. Add fiber husk and baking powder if you want (will make the oopsie more like bread).
    * Very gently put the egg whites into the yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
    * Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
    * Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.

Can be eaten as bread or used as a hotdog- or hamburger bun. You can also put different kinds of seeds on them before baking them, for instance poppy-, sesame or sunflower seeds. One big oopsie can be used for a swiss roll. Add a generous layer of whipped cream and some berries.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oopsies are simply cold omlette. When I made them, they were so awful, I actually spat it out, but I never did like cold egg :sick:

pianoman

wiflib said:
Oopsies are simply cold omlette. When I made them, they were so awful, I actually spat it out, but I never did like cold egg :sick:
Well that is disappointing :( they look half-decent in the photo... but then I've never actually seen a Big Mac that looks like they do in the adverts either :D

clairy clutterbuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Ground almonds are found in the cake baking ingredients section of the supermarkets normally. Just in case any of you are still wandering round :crazy: Whitby Jets chicken nuggets made with ground flour and parmesan are a joy!

Claire x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
maggie2 said:
please where do I find the recipe for egg bread?

Take two eggs and whisk in a bowl and season with black pepper & salt (optional) then take a slice of bread dip in the egg and fry for 2 minutes each side :)