Gluco Navii

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Does anyone know if you can get the control solution anywhere - it was not included in my bundle from Home Health. Also is there a data cable available. I have control solution for my Gluco Nexus but not sure if I could use this. Many thanks x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I believe the test solutions can be used on any meter. They are just two different known concentrations of sugar, so the machine knows no different what brand of solution you are using.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I believe the test solutions can be used on any meter. They are just two different known concentrations of sugar, so the machine knows no different what brand of solution you are using.
Thanks for that I will give it ago x

jonathan183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found contacting manufacturers they were happy to send control solution ... they make the money on test strips ;)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I found contacting manufacturers they were happy to send control solution ... they make the money on test strips ;)
Many thanks for that - I have noticed quite a difference with numbers. New on is 8 less than older one.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don’t think that’s right and would suggest checking with the meter manufacturer/ supplier.

This article confirms and is quite interesting (in a geeky/bored in the evening kind of way): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4525664/

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its fine, I will contact them and see if they will provide a freebee solution x
I just noticed that it looks like Home Health (Gluco Navii supplier) charge for CS. I use the Caresens Dual from Spirit Health, they supply CS for free along with the batteries. This bit of info may be useful, for members who use the Tee 2 from Spirit too