Metformin- upset stomach in morning.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hi. I am still, yes still, having terrible upset stomachs after my morning metformin. The evening one nothing at all (I take 2 x 500). I had been getting 12 and under too (for up to 3 hrs after food then it drops) which is alarming. What I would like to ask is - if you have a terrible upset stomach after taking the metformin, does this mean it has left your system and will not work? This morning I took the tablet after finishing my breakfast (not half way) and I was better. 2 hrs after eating 7.4 which I’m happy with. Hope you are all Ok I have not been on here for awhile been v busy with work and stuff. X

Lobsang Tsultim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find I cope well with my morning one but sometimes the lunchtime and almost always the evening pills make me nauseous. But I'm lucky, that's it, no violent pain or explosions!

Reactions: SuNuman

Sheepish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Needles!
Eating, especially going to restaurants.
Hi. I am still, yes still, having terrible upset stomachs after my morning metformin. The evening one nothing at all (I take 2 x 500). I had been getting 12 and under too (for up to 3 hrs after food then it drops) which is alarming. What I would like to ask is - if you have a terrible upset stomach after taking the metformin, does this mean it has left your system and will not work? This morning I took the tablet after finishing my breakfast (not half way) and I was better. 2 hrs after eating 7.4 which I’m happy with. Hope you are all Ok I have not been on here for awhile been v busy with work and stuff. X

Sheepish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Needles!
Eating, especially going to restaurants.
Hello, I don’t know whether this helps as I didn’t get an upset stomach after being on the same Metformin dosage as you but I had terrible flatulence and stomach cramps, especially if I took it after, not with a meal. Eventually, the doctor reluctantly agreed to let me have the slow release version of Metformin (more expensive) and that has improved things a lot, although it took a few weeks. Her original advice was to halve the dosage and give up eating leafy vegetables! I hope this helps.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hello, I don’t know whether this helps as I didn’t get an upset stomach after being on the same Metformin dosage as you but I had terrible flatulence and stomach cramps, especially if I took it after, not with a meal. Eventually, the doctor reluctantly agreed to let me have the slow release version of Metformin (more expensive) and that has improved things a lot, although it took a few weeks. Her original advice was to halve the dosage and give up eating leafy vegetables! I hope this helps.
Thank you. You would think I would b so very slim now but sadly I am not. I will speak to my doctor very soon. X

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Hi I was the same I gAve up after 8 days I took apple cider vinegar tablets and l-caretine from Holland and Barrett’s, I’ve been taken these a year now March 2021 54mm June 35mm nov 34mm March 2022 31mm I do low carb and i exercise every day for a hour just walking or exercise bike or weighs I also like a drink a few times a week that’s just vodka n diet mixer I’ve lost 3 half stone I need to lose one more but i can’t seem to lose keep staying the same I’m thinking of quitting the alcohol that might help get the last stone off lol good luck

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Hi I was the same I gAve up after 8 days I took apple cider vinegar tablets and l-caretine from Holland and Barrett’s, I’ve been taken these a year now March 2021 54mm June 35mm nov 34mm March 2022 31mm I do low carb and i exercise every day for a hour just walking or exercise bike or weighs I also like a drink a few times a week that’s just vodka n diet mixer I’ve lost 3 half stone I need to lose one more but i can’t seem to lose keep staying the same I’m thinking of quitting the alcohol that might help get the last stone off lol good luck
J ment I give up on metformin it was awful