Up and Down BG

• Thread starter Deleted member 556660
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 556660

For the last few days the BG has been acceptable .. averaging around the 7 mark. Today after lunch (apple, Strawberry and blueberry with plain yoghurt) I tested at 10.5. To me this seems awfully high considering what I've eaten.... no snacks in between, and only tea with no sugar.....

I feel a bit lost and struggling to do this on my own..... sorry

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For the last few days the BG has been acceptable .. averaging around the 7 mark. Today after lunch (apple, Strawberry and blueberry with plain yoghurt) I tested at 10.5. To me this seems awfully high considering what I've eaten.... no snacks in between, and only tea with no sugar.....

Hi Diane, just a very short wile ago you came on the forum with a hba1c of 75, which means your average BG must have been around 11.7 for quite a while.

So you've lowered your BG by an amazing amount with your diet changes!
I think today you got hit by the apple on top of the berries and some carbs from the yoghurt. Many of us can eat some berries, or a piece of apple without rising very high but all at the same time may have been a bit much?

Reactions: Marie 2

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.

Berries are generally fine, apple probably not so much (?). Was it low-fat yogurt too?

D

Deleted member 556660

Hi - no it wasn't low fat, it was just plain yoghurt. On the side of the container it seemed to have quite a low carbohydrate level, so I suppose I lathered it on. I'll steer clear of apples for a bit then. This morning on waking it had dropped to 4.8, but seems to be averaging around the 7 mark.
I'm not testing all the time, maybe once or twice a day at the moment - doing my best to keep on top of things without getting too paranoid.
I suppose then that the adage of 'an apple a day' doesn't work any more - shame that - I loved them.... oh well.... :)
Thanks for the supportive messages... I really appreciate it.....

Reactions: Antje77