Freestyle libre2

chrisy62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Has anyone had problems with it, this is my fourth sensor to stop working halfway through. It’s not been knocked it’s still tightly stuck on arm, it’s so frustrating thought it would be answer to my prayers on not having to finger prick. But alas it doesn’t seem to be

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are many threads regarding Libre and frustrations with quality. Have you contacted Abbott? They are usually good at replacing sensors
However, Libre is not a replacement for all finger pricks.
- It is not accurate when high or low so the recommendation is to check anything under 4 and over 10 before correcting
- Due to the way they handle the 15 minute delay between finger pricks and interstitial fluid readings they are slow at reporting hypo recovery
- Some sensors drift during their lifetime so it is recommended to finger prick at least once a day (when your levels are stable and between 4 and 10) to check

There are many many threads about Libre limitations (the Search field at the top of every page is helpful). It is important to understand these if you are not going to be disappointed by Libre.

Reactions: david4503

scottie387

I've had problems especially with this heat, although Abbott labs took 2 weeks to send me a new pack, I rang the surgery and had one, blips in mine so I got back to the blood strips

david4503

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are many threads regarding Libre and frustrations with quality. Have you contacted Abbott? They are usually good at replacing sensors
However, Libre is not a replacement for all finger pricks.
- It is not accurate when high or low so the recommendation is to check anything under 4 and over 10 before correcting
- Due to the way they handle the 15 minute delay between finger pricks and interstitial fluid readings they are slow at reporting hypo recovery
- Some sensors drift during their lifetime so it is recommended to finger prick at least once a day (when your levels are stable and between 4 and 10) to check

There are many many threads about Libre limitations (the Search field at the top of every page is helpful). It is important to understand these if you are not going to be disappointed by Libre.

And those are just some of the reasons I don’t use CGM day to day (although I could see utilizing it under some special circumstances).

To the OP: What is it you dislike so much about blood sugar testing? It’s quick, easy, virtually painless most of the time and most importantly, it’s way more accurate and reliable than CGM. Besides that, even CGM manufacturers advise against depending solely on their products and recommend continuing blood sugar testing in combination. CGM has been, in a word, oversold. The promise was great, the delivery on said promise is so-so at best,

Reactions: Andrew2018

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
When u say stopped working do you mean it tells u to replace sensor or is it sensor error , I only ask this because I’ve had a few sensor error and the first time it happened I took the sensor off after two sensor error readings I contacted Abbott who replaced my sensor but did inform me to wait till after two hours if sensor erro message is seen ,
On a personal note about the Libre system yes it’s not actaual blood reading but for me it’s been a life changer my Hb1ac is now where it should be instead of high 90s my range of control isn’t extremely tight 5- 9 , my job made taking regular blood sugars virtually impossible , I firmly believe that if I had had the libre 10 years ago id still be walking with both my legs ,

david4503

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a personal note about the Libre system yes it’s not actaual blood reading but for me it’s been a life changer my Hb1ac is now where it should be instead of high 90s my range of control isn’t extremely tight 5- 9 , my job made taking regular blood sugars virtually impossible , I firmly believe that if I had had the libre 10 years ago id still be walking with both my legs ,

Very disturbing to hear this, even worse if it had anything to do with your employer not being willing to accommodate your testing needs. But Type 1 just isn’t very forgiving with certain kinds of jobs. That’s a fact and CGM makes good sense there. Frankly, the artificial pancreas, which is still in testing, should have been on the market years ago. That would solve most people’s control problems in the best way possible, short of a cure.

Reactions: Andrew2018

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone had problems with it, this is my fourth sensor to stop working halfway through. It’s not been knocked it’s still tightly stuck on arm, it’s so frustrating thought it would be answer to my prayers on not having to finger prick. But alas it doesn’t seem to be

Hi,

Are you scanning the sensor using the Abbott reader or the app on a smartphone?

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Does this help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220622-144628_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-144628_Chrome.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 78