Night time slot between 9pm and midnight

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hi - I'm looking for some advice. Over the last 5 days my insulin needs seems to have changed again especially at night time. Currently what seems to happen is, I go into supper (around 7pm and 7.30pm) with blood sugars of between 6 and 7. An hour after taking the bolus for food I've gone hypo done to 3.7. I correct this with 1 shot of glucojuice and blood sugars drop again by around bedtime (10.30 - 11.30pm). Question is do you think it's the bolus with food that is the likely culprit rather than the basal (current ratio 1; 12g carbs which has steadily risen over the past 2 weeks from 1: 9.5g).
I know i may just have to have a go at changng things but if anyone out there had some advice first it would be appreciated. Thanks

Vikki2

Hi
I would do a fasting test. This will help you work out whether it is bolus or basal. My guess would be that your second drop in BG around bedtime is basal, but your first hypo could be either - ? Hope this is of some help
Vikki

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes thanks Vicky - you're right - no getting away from that fasting malarkey :crazy:

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well good news on night 1 - dropped the basal by 0.50 from 7pm until 9pm and changed bolus from 1: 12 to 1:13

2 hrs after food BS at 7 so I'm happy with that. Hoping for a good bedtime reading now and another few days of constant (ish) readings :roll: