Easter

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
chocoholicnomore said:
Our team were each given a creme egg at work today.

I am really proud of myself as I gave mine away. :cry:

If you know me then you'll know that's a real achievement. (especially as I already had blood taken on Friday for my hba1c so a cheat today wouldn't have shown up!)

No crisps here for 5 days now Marina. As you know I am not a great lover of chocolate and sweet things but will have it if opportunity arises. Someone left a Picnic on my computer desk last night but I didn't touch it.

Take each day as it comes. Congratulations cos I know that must have felt awful! Keep it up :thumbup:

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
Jeannemum said:
My first too Choc. I think I am more traumatised by the thought of no hot cross buns.

Me too, ile certainly miss them more than any chocolate or sweets.
I also cant understand why anyone should be wanting to eat food at Easter such as chocolate just because its a tradition to do so. Sweets are poison to us poor old diabetics if just eaten for pleasure. If needed, yes, ok but otherwise shouldnt be touched and i certainly wont be changing my eating habits because of the holiday. It will be lettuce and protein for me[ :cry: ] ime afraid. Just another day.
I have managed to give up most of all the pleasureable foods i used to eat with abandon, especially crisps which i find particularly hard and backed potatoes, soaked in gravy with all the meat n veggies. Chocolate, no, i dont miss it.

Andy

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals
No problem for me either as I never liked the cream eggs to begin with. The insides made me feel decidedly queasy. Just feel ripped off by the choc manufacturers at Easter as feel I have to buy grandkids eggs for the Easter egg hunt that has become a tradition,(how did I let that happen? :shock: ) Compromise by buying the mini eggs for the hunt and getting them a small , but not sweet pressie. Only problem is I do like the mini eggs and may be tempted when doing the hiding. Looks like grampop will have to do it this year. :lol:

clairy clutterbuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am sat here with a carrier bag full of maltesers, mini eggs, buttons and smarties ready to top all the Easter fairy cakes I am making for my colleagues at work later this week, and for the first time ever they aren't calling me or taunting me! YET! I reduced my working hours recently to one day a week until I get this weight off and sugars stable and its been five weeks so I guess those carb cravings are passing.

My husband is whisking me off to the Peak District for lots of walks this weekend to avoid all the sitting about wishing for chocolate maltesers bunnies! and to avoid entertaining friends which is also a weak time for me. I would love to indulge, just a little, but am afraid that if I start I wont stop! I am going to make the low carb chocolate mousse recipe posted recently and work it into my diet plan as a compromise.

Good luck everyone........

xx

adrian29459

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I still eat easter eggs/chocolate like normal. I've tried the thortons no added sugar chocolate and sweets but they always get me toilet troubles. I try to just keep active with exercise, housework, gardening or DIY and have a little chocolate during the breaks.

jgibson1962

chocoholicnomore said:
Jeannemum said:
Many years have passed since I had an easter egg. I will have to make do with a nice big salad with a leg of lamb

It just doesn't have the same appeal :thumbdown:

This will be my first Easter with diabetes and I only hope I can do better than I did at my first Christmas with diabetes. :oops:

I'm just gonna go for it, i think as long as you check your blood regularly and have a good guestimate at the carb content, it can be done, put it this way, the rest of the time i watch what i eat. If i get a spike i'll just have to deal with it. I may have acepted Diabetes but it sure as hell isnt gonna screw up my Easter.

clairy clutterbuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
and for those that would like an ickle bit of chocolate taste but worry about having choccie eggs, Sweetheart has posted a low carb Rich Chocolate Mousse on page 19 of the low carb recipe pages and I have just made it and you know what, it is delicious. I managed to work out the calorie and carb content and posted it shortly after she posted her recipe. It makes a healthy size dish at six portions too. Roll on Easter........ :D

PS It has raw egg so not suitable for expecting mums....

Steved430

Chocolate has never really been an indulgence. (well not for a long long time). Hot cross buns & wine .. now we are talking temptation

jobean

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Aubergines
It's that rare occasion when I think,blow it and have half a milk chocalate egg. I think it's seeing things as treats rather than the norm

Happy Easter to everyone !

Jo x

mrawfell

I am a Brit retired in the Philippines. It's no problem here, they don't have Easter eggs or Hot Cross Buns, fortunately, if they did well it wouldn't do my T2 any good.