Swollen foot

Rleady1357

Hi all I have been experience a swollen foot for the last 4 weeks now. It does not hurt to walk/run on it whilst at the gym and doing other activities.

Could this be a huge cause for concern if no injury was caused? Do not want to send my mind racing on Dr Google again.

I have tried using ice, elevating my foot and taking a weeks rest from gym activity, all to no avail.

If anyone has any previous experience can you let me know?

Thanks

Ryan

• Hug
Reactions: MissMuffett

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good that it doesn't hurt @Rleady1357.

But I have been where you are looking it up online, and I guess you know what I am going to say? You need medical professionals to diagnose you properly, especially as endema (is that how you spell it?) if that is what it is, is indicative of heart issues I believe, and way dangerous to leave undiagnosed and therefore untreated.

But of course it could be any number of things, hence the importance of getting it checked out by your trusty doc.

Reactions: MissMuffett

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the reply.

Hard to get a GP appointment I’ve rang 65 times from 8am
I don’t think it wise to leave a swollen foot without seeking medical advice.

With my own experience of similar, I was referred immediately to have a doppler ultrasound scan to check for blood clotting in leg. Thankfully it was negative, but I was told if it had been positive, it could be quite dangerous.

If you are UK based, and not able to get a GP appointment, please check with NHS111, today.

Do let us know how you get on, @Rleady1357

Rleady1357

I don’t think it wise to leave a swollen foot without seeking medical advice.

With my own experience of similar, I was referred immediately to have a doppler ultrasound scan to check for blood clotting in leg. Thankfully it was negative, but I was told if it had been positive, it could be quite dangerous.

If you are UK based, and not able to get a GP appointment, please check with NHS111, today.

Do let us know how you get on, @Rleady1357

Hi thanks for you reply

I managed to get through via 111 and had to email over a few pictures of my swollen foot, awaiting a phone call back now.

She says that it’s very unusual to not have any other symptoms and doesn’t think it will need an X ray.

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi thanks for you reply

I managed to get through via 111 and had to email over a few pictures of my swollen foot, awaiting a phone call back now.

She says that it’s very unusual to not have any other symptoms and doesn’t think it will need an X ray.
Members have to be careful not to diagnose, but the Doppler ultrasound I had was very reassuring, and it only takes a few minutes.

Reactions: lovinglife

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was sent to a clinic that had the ultrasound scanner, and the test was done immediately, and I was told the result. All within less than half an hour.

I would add this was pre-pandemic, though.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I don't want to frighten you but that does sound like it could be serious and a trip to A&E might be a good idea or are there any walk in clinics where you live , hope you get on ok and please let us know of your outcome .

• Friendly
Reactions: EllieM and Pipp