chocoholicnomore
Well-Known Member
My last hba1c was 81. The consultant referred me to diabetic nurse to start insulin but she said I have too many low readings in a week for me to start insulin (I had to take readings 4 times per day in the week prior to my appointment) Instead she has increased the glicizade to 160 in the morning and the same at night. I bought a CGM to see what's happening and realised my levels are going up to 15 or 16 during the night and tends to stay above 10 until around lunchtime. It then stays down all afternoon, rises again after dinner and then comes back down again, sometimes as low as 3.6 at midnight. Then it goes way up about 3am. I'm at my wits end trying different solutions of when to eat and what to eat. Also, my diet is fairly restricted due to having an ileostomy. Obviously the high figures are impacting the average figure. And I really need to get the average down. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you