• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Type 2 with Insulin. Poll. How many forum users come within this category ?

are you type 2 using medication and only basal (long acting) insulin a day


  • Total voters
    14
  • Poll closed .
Thank you. I hope this is working for you........ Im on one levemir injection a day, 20 units,(6.45 a.m) and 2 x 500 Metformin. My GP is happy that my diabetes is under control. However I am concerned with certin aspects of this regime.
I have changed my routine. If this works I will seek advice, if it works. Watch this spot
 
I’m T2 for more than 10 years. Now on 2 x metformin 2x day. And Toujeo insulin at night only. I’ve been on Libre2 CGM for 3 months. I have also been on Mounjaro for 3 months. My BG is now well controlled - 48 is my latest HBa1c. My insulin dose has reduced from 95 units to 40 units in 3 months. I don’t understand why this forum is not more popular, perhaps it needs more moderators?
 
@Johnbennett Hi thanks for sharing. Im not sure how rare 1 time users are. There aren't many answers.here. My story is this, I was thought to be a possle Laada in 2021. Then type 2. I contacted a dietician doing private work online during NHS lockdown . After some lengthy diet and readings work she told my Doc I needed insulin. So from late 2022 I took one dose 20 units Levemir pen at 6.30 a.m and 2x Metformin with dietary restrictions.
I was nt happy so @ end of 2025 I contacted our new diabetes lead doc re Levemir closure. He worked with me to lower my readings to 5 - 9 (some hypos). Now , about 10 days ago he started me on Humilin pen at 10 units _ for 4 days, then raise to 12 units until 6pm readings are 5-9 Im on 16 at the mo, bug all results have been lowish with occasional 10+. And 2 x 3.0. At the end ov the week I will send in all the results for 6pm - Doc s wish. And await his adjudication
 
Hi, it’s taken me more than 10 years to finally get a GP and diabetic nurse to take more interest in my diabetic journey! My journey with Mounjaro is just starting and I am very satisfied with the CGM of Libre2+ and I now feel I am getting somewhere. I have issues with weight and exercise is limited due to damaged vertebrae in lower back, so it’s bit of a mission. Good luck in your journey!
 
Hi thanks for replies . I was on Levemir for 3 yrs, now swopped to Humulin. I am low weigt for a Type 2 7 st . 4- 7.6 st. But since changing to Humulin , 16units a month ago, my weight has dropped to 7st 2 - 7st 3. In the past few weeks i did have tummy upset for 6 days and stress selling and starting process of buying a house all within 12 days. I only seem to be able to tolerate low carb foods which makes weight gain tricky. I had input from AI, a GP is aware and will phone in 10 days
Any suggestions from any in this forum ?
 
I was on Levemir for 3 yrs, now swopped to Humulin.
Which Humulin are you using? Rhere are different types, it should say on the pen.

How often do you test your blood glucose?
Gaining weight with high numbers can be difficult.

If you're doing well on low carb foods, have you tried increasing the calories by adding fats like cream, butter, cheese, nuts etc and or increasing fatty proteins like fatty cuts of meats?
 
Back
Top