• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Choose a monitor

Oldnslowly

Newbie
Messages
1
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.
Not been using a monitor for long but they all seem to die after a few months. Can any one recommend a monitor for use with strips, that is bullet proof. Ideally I would like a blue tooth enabled one with an app that talks to apple health. Don't mind if it's a bit expensive just that it keeps working...
 
Hi all.
Not been using a monitor for long but they all seem to die after a few months. Can any one recommend a monitor for use with strips, that is bullet proof. Ideally I would like a blue tooth enabled one with an app that talks to apple health. Don't mind if it's a bit expensive just that it keeps working...

Freestyle libre?
 
Hi all.
Not been using a monitor for long but they all seem to die after a few months. Can any one recommend a monitor for use with strips, that is bullet proof. Ideally I would like a blue tooth enabled one with an app that talks to apple health. Don't mind if it's a bit expensive just that it keeps working...
Assuming you use a glucose meter (stick your finger and insert a drop of blood), I've used different ones throughout the years but none of them stopped working after a few months.
If you use fancier ones with bluetooth, can it be you just need to change the batteries?
 
hey all seem to die after a few months.
I would definitely contact the seller and/or manufacturer and complain. I have a caresens duo which dies after a couple of years and the manufacturer just replaces it. (They even give me new batteries too but that may be a new zealand thing because it's one of the only two monitors supplied on prescription in nz).

They make their money out of the testing strips so it's in their interest to replace the monitor if it fails, but in any case it should have a warranty of at least a couple of years.
 
Back
Top