Sorry, can't help with the gardening problems. I seem to remember my parents had blackfly on the broad beans, but I have no idea what, if anything, they did about it! I've never had a garden, other than the communal gardens of our London flat.
Anyway, good evening from Albertville on what has been an extremely wet day! And although my trekking poles were a huge help when we went out to explore a mediaeval village, my smartwatch likes them no more than it likes supermarket trolleys, and an accurate step count was not recorded. Oh well!
Breakfast was a boiled egg with wholemeal toast soldiers (the small slices that French sliced loaves come in) and paté, and a bit of toasted leftover baguette with butter, cream cheese and jam. Orange juice and coffee as per.
It was cold, so I made a "clean-the-fridge" soup for lunch. Added some lentils to thicken it and wished I'd brought my stick blender along. Had to blend it in two or three goes in my cup blender. Anyway, we had that with a fresh baguette and butter, and a bit of cheese, and then a small helping of delicious French coffee ice-cream with a bit of cream.
When we came in from our rather wet walk, I had a handful of nuts and raisins with my tea, and two squares of dark hazelnut chocolate. I slightly wished I hadn't, afterwards, as I then wasn't really hungry for supper.
I had no idea what to have for supper, so my kind husband volunteered to make an omelette - red pepper and cheese - which we had with the end of the baguette and butter, followed by "Faisselle" (strained fromage blanc) with raspberry or red fruit (not sure which) coulis, which is one of the desserts they sell here and I love. Not too sweet, as the equivalent would be in England.