To eat or not ?

philchap

Dislikes
INJECTIONS, LOL
Having my yearly mot tomorrow at 10pm at the local medical centre, when I made the appointment they told me not to eat breakfast, which means I can't take my insulin, I have my insulin and breakfast around 6.30 every morning before work , when I was going to the hospital I was never told to do this, this means my first insulin and food could be as late as 12 noon which will probably mess up my levels for the rest of the day, I think they may be wrong.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
philchap said:
Having my yearly mot tomorrow at 10pm at the local medical centre, when I made the appointment they told me not to eat breakfast, which means I can't take my insulin, I have my insulin and breakfast around 6.30 every morning before work , when I was going to the hospital I was never told to do this, this means my first insulin and food could be as late as 12 noon which will probably mess up my levels for the rest of the day, I think they may be wrong.

Hello philchap

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago but it was a hospital procedure. My DSN suggested I run my levels a little bit higher, so I took 2 units less of Insulin the night before. My appointment was supposed to be at 1pm, but I didn't get to eat until after 4pm!
So yes, it did mess my levels up for the day :(
Best wishes RRB

glucosegirl

Dislikes
diabetes
Do you know what they are testing for? I was told to fast for my twice yearly blood tests(as they included lipids). When I explained the problem I had with fasting to my GP she said that it wasn't necessary to fast as long as I let them know before the blood test so that they could tell the lab. Not sure if this applies to everything though so check with your doctor first.

AMBrennan

In theory you should be able to skip breakfast - if your basal insulin is correct BG should remain steady whilst not eating.