Low carb milk shakes

Topsec

rtee, they're very cute ice cubes ;)

Patch, you beat me to it! Pretty much every day we have a smoothie for brekkie made from strawberries, blackberries, rasps and blueberries, pour in a serious dollop of double cream, a bit of Almond Milk and a good spoonful of Total yoghurt, whizz it all with the hand blender and yum yum.

I sometimes using frozen berries if I want it really thick.

Hubby and I are quite addicted to them :D

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Grazer said:
librarising said:
123Jo123 wrote
Sorry new to this but just looked up sugar free Crusha and it said it had 9gm carb per 25ml of syrup ?????

You may have found out the answer to this by now, but 25 ml of sugar-free Crusha will provide 0.05g of carbs.
The remaining 8.95g (per the Crusha nutritional information on the bottle) will come from the milk it's added to.

Milk is not a carb-free luxury, unfortunately :(

Geoff

Geoff's right. If you read the bottle carefully, you'll see the carbs of the crusha is too little to bother about, and the figure of 9 grams carbs comes from "mixing with 175mls of milk". If you mixed with lactofree instead, you'd halve that number.

FANTABITOSY!!!!

I was just sitting here thinking now its a bit warmer I don't fancy my hot milky cocoa, but I would still like to have some milk during the working day. (my boss buys me Lactofree!) So when I looked online and saw that crusha was 9gms carbs I was gutted. But now Im off to Tesco tonight to get me some!!
Thanks guys!

Chives01

I use Atkins shakes as they are recommended for diabetics. I use two a day to get my Bms. Down which is working fantasticly well, I have to loose weight, but you can certainly use a shake once a day just for a change (you make it with water, but you could use milk as you are not dieting like I am good luck hope this helps ps buy from Amazon

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've tried almond milk. It is not too bad.

But what IS nice, is Hazelnut Milk. That is lovely - add some lo-carb chocolate syrup and you are laughing...

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi Patch,

where can I find Hazlenut milk? Im just waiting for lowcarbmegastore to restock on their sugarfree syrups.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've bought it in Asda and Sainsburys. About £1/L, in the milk aisle.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Thanks I'll have a look for it.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Well Hazelnut milk is rather nice, I bought some more tonight, along with alpro soya chocolate flavour. Mix the 2 and yummy!

I have also got a carton of coconut and chocolate milk to try. I was really struggling to find Crusha no added sugar, but tonight finally found a shop that stocks it, so I bought 2 strawberry and 2 raspberry. Wish they did the choc and banana in no added sugar!

Milk will be on the menu quite a bit for the next few weeks, good job its long life!!