new drug

shirederby

hi all
i was playing golf with a biologist who works for astra zenica at weekend who told me they will be launching a new drug at end of yearish which can work alongside all insulin and metformin medication which he reckons will be quite revolutionary and basically he said it works by excretion of the glucose out of the body via the urine, his words not mine told me the name forgot but rememer it begins with f did not ask all the questions i am sure you all would of but thought of them later if i bump into him again i will ask. anyone heard anything and any one qualified to speak to astra zenica and ask the question?

shirederby

thanks for putting it more elequently but as i said i was only repeating what he said and he is a biologist!! i thought it was some new medical terminology!! yes that indeed looks like the drug he was talking about, anything that helps has to be positive.

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
it would make far more sense not to take on board the excess carbohydrates in the first place...

viv1969

Your friend has probably just violated some pretty serious Non-Disclosure clauses in his contract with AstraZeneca.

shirederby

can not see how he has done that if its in the media? basically just told me what was in the press release. anyway he is being made redundant at end of year department closing down all jobs going to sweden!! as for do not take the carbs well maybe not all as disciplined as some of us

seascapes

I have just been prescribed this Forxiga. What I don't understand is that if it gets rid of glucose, will I have less energy? I thought all we eat is converted into glucose for energy? Please don't tell me to ask my consultant! I had a very stressful hour stuck waiting in a hospital corridor yesterday - always overruns by at least an hour - and was too stressed out buy the time I got my 8 minutes with him to remember to ask all the right questions!

Someone else commented that its better not to eat excess sugar in the first place! Well, I don;t eat any raw sugar but all foods including fruit contain it, and you have to eat SOMETHING! My dietician has told me there is nothing else I can cut down on!