The Spinach Is Back!

Trinkwasser

<leaps around like Steve Martin in The Jerk>

Up until recently we were getting some pretty excellent frozen spinach in the Co-Op.

Then it vanished from the shelves. No-one could tell us if this was an end of season thing or a permanent change.

The stuff from the farm shop wasn't a fraction as good.

The guy from the frozen foods section just caught me yesterday and told me it was back in stock.

We just had a load boiled up with a large piece of smoked salmon, sprinkled with freshly cracked black pepper. Mother had some boiled potato, I had some toasted sunflower seeds.

Washed down with a glass of Argentinian Shiraz and followed with a square of 85% chocolate, what could possibly be finer?

Diabetes may not be fun but it sure as hell can be tasty. And no I'm not even going to bother wasting a strip testing.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Lidl so excellent fresh spinach. It's so easy to cook and great with a poached egg.

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I really have tried to eat this but as far as I am concerned it tastes like grass and smells worse.

Tinkerbelly

Hi

You can get wild spinach along the banks at Jaywick, right the way along the coastline up to Holland on Sea.

It tastes great :)

Trinkwasser

Tinkerbelly said:
Hi

You can get wild spinach along the banks at Jaywick, right the way along the coastline up to Holland on Sea.

It tastes great :)

It's interesting how many of our dietary staples are seaside plants, wild cabbage, sea kale etc. however many of them are excessively chewy

My all time favourite has to be samphire (glasswort), the season takes over about the time the asparagus comes to an end