Early breakfast

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I start work at 06:00 am, and I am wondering if having my breakfast about two hours after I get up is not good for my blood glucose levels. I was diagnosed about five weeks ago and my doctor has given me six weeks to try to reduce my readings by diet alone.

I have not bought a monitor yet but if the next reading is still high I will buy one, I am trying to eat according to the best advice I have gleaned from this site and from various books I have bought or borrowed from the library.

I have lost about 8lbs since I started eating sensibly and my blood pressure readings have lowered by ten points, so I hope that I am on the right track. I understand that diabetes is for life and it seems that no two people are the same in diabetic outcomes even when eating the same diet.

Thanks, Jim.

Fraddycat

Hi Jim, As you say everyone is different. Many people on this forum cannot stomach brekkie so they do not have a problem waiting a couple of hours to eat. However for me, sometimes, if I wait 2 hours to eat then I find that my sugars go up, because my liver dumps sugar into my system (it seems its the body's way of dealing with famine or deprivation - and I know 2 hours without food is NOT deprivation but explain that to my liver :D )

Really, ideally it would be good for you to have a meter so you can test the effects of different things on your blood sugars and then you would know for sure

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
taurusmmuk said:
I start work at 06:00 am, and I am wondering if having my breakfast about two hours after I get up is not good for my blood glucose levels. I was diagnosed about five weeks ago and my doctor has given me six weeks to try to reduce my readings by diet alone.

I have not bought a monitor yet but if the next reading is still high I will buy one, I am trying to eat according to the best advice I have gleaned from this site and from various books I have bought or borrowed from the library.

I have lost about 8lbs since I started eating sensibly and my blood pressure readings have lowered by ten points, so I hope that I am on the right track. I understand that diabetes is for life and it seems that no two people are the same in diabetic outcomes even when eating the same diet.

Thanks, Jim.

Welcome taursmmuk, you seem to be doing well and on the right track with your blood pressure and weight, welldone. You seem to be heading in the right direction, but remember it is early days and it will take a little time to get used to having diabetes.

Yep, no two people are the same, we are all very different and have different needs and dietry requirements.

All the best RRB

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the help, I will post again when I have been to the doctor.

Regards, Jim. :thumbup:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
taurusmmuk said:
Thanks for the help, I will post again when I have been to the doctor.

Regards, Jim. :thumbup:

Good luck when you see your GP Jim.

Best wishes RRB