Accu check mobile tester

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The accu check costs from chemist £12.50 complete, but buy just a casette for 50 tests and it is £23.50, so why not buy the full monte instead of just the casette ?

SWFC John

celast said:
The accu check costs from chemist £12.50 complete, but buy just a casette for 50 tests and it is £23.50, so why not buy the full monte instead of just the casette ?

You only get 10 test strips with the tester :)

I bought 50 Accu Chek test strips from my nearest Tesco about 3 weeks ago and they only charged me £15.

mirabba

why are you buying this at all- you just have to ask your diabetic clinic and they will supply you with one.
The check cassettes should be on your repeat prescription forms, once you have started to use it.

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SWFC John said:
celast said:

I bought 50 Accu Chek test strips from my nearest Tesco about 3 weeks ago and they only charged me £15.

You don't have strips with the accu mobile

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
mirabba said:
why are you buying this at all- you just have to ask your diabetic clinic and they will supply you with one.
The check cassettes should be on your repeat prescription forms, once you have started to use it.

Our doctors will not give to type 2 only to type 1

SWFC John

celast said:
SWFC John said:
celast said:

You don't have strips with the accu mobile

I see, i only bought a new meter as well 3 weeks ago and this one wasnt anywhere to be seen which was a shame looking at it.

KennyS

celast said:

I would say celast that even if the deal was for a full cassette, I would be reluctant to change my meter every 50 tests. Every meter is different, even the same model. By the time you figured out how it read, you would have to start all over again.

As I side note. One of the things that people talk about on here all the time is accuracy for a given meter. I have extimated from my testing over the previous 3 months that my HbA1c test would be 36 or 5.4% in old money.... my meter, an Accu Check Mobile, nailed it 100%. It gives me great confidence in my testing going forward but keep in mind that just because my meter appears to be on the money, yours may not.

Kenny

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
KennyS said:
celast said:

I would say celast that even if the deal was for a full cassette, I would be reluctant to change my meter every 50 tests. Every meter is different, even the same model. By the time you figured out how it read, you would have to start all over again.

As I side note. One of the things that people talk about on here all the time is accuracy for a given meter. I have extimated from my testing over the previous 3 months that my HbA1c test would be 36 or 5.4% in old money.... my meter, an Accu Check Mobile, nailed it 100%. It gives me great confidence in my testing going forward but keep in mind that just because my meter appears to be on the money, yours may not.

Kenny

My accu check is the mobile, that's what I am saying its cheaper to buy the whole lot than just a caette

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
your gp is wrong not to offer the test strips for type2 iam type 2 and only for testing my bs (not every day) I would still be on 4x500 metformin and 4x gliclazide untill my anuall with the nurse in march 2013. becuse i got the test strips from the doctor last month i was abell to go to them with my meter and show the readings of 15-36 and put on insulin. ask your gp which he would prefer u keeping controll over your condition or for it to get out of controll and then he would have to deal with all the complications that could happen. it all ££££££££ with some gp's. thank god i have a good one.

good luck.