Weight Loss

deborahmcp

Hi I have been diabetic for 12 years now and i am 23yrs old and currently weigh 10st 11lbs i really want to get to 9 and half stone, i am reducing my insulin levels and been eating quiet healthy and working out but still the weight doesnt seem to be shifting. Also I have noticed my weight gathers more around my stomach area and really want to loose it from there. Does any one have any tips or advice on how to do this. Thanks :D

Bombshell13

Hi I'm in a similar situation to you, type 1 for 16 years and put weight on during pregnancy and struggle shifting it. Im about the same weight as you. I have just started DAFNE and finding this a real help as in the past when dieting I always ended up hypo resulting in me then constantly eating to keep my sugars up. Or exercising but having to eat more to stop getting hypo. I am determined to loose some weight once I have finished the corse! Not sure if this sounds familiar to you? I would also be interested in other peoples tips too xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

deborahmcp

Im due to go for my annual review in may so hoping to recieve some advice when i speak to my consultant, when i joined slimming world last year i didnt seem to have a prob loosing the weight i lost a total of 12lb in 6 weeks, i find that by reducing my insulin a few units but not to much where my sugars will go to low helps alot. Its just really about getting the insulin levels right. I have been reading up on it all and to much insulin stores as fats in your body. Also if you try carbohydrate counting that may work ive only started doing that and working out my carbohydrate ratio you may have learnt this in the DAFNE course. Lower your carbohydrate intake along with your insulin levels and you may see results. Ive started the gym and lowering my insulin levels so hopefully this works.

Bombshell13

Looks like your doing the right thing!!! I'm just getting the hang of the carb counting then I think I'm going to start reducing the carbs once I have finished DAFNE. I'm doing 5 Fridays in a row and tomorrow is the 3rd one so I want to make sure I have all the info first. Otherwise I go in circles lol and get so disheartened by all the lows. I have been Zumba for a year that's good fun!!! Good luck with the gym xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App