Whats Your Favorite Thing About Diabetes?

ForeverDreaming

Hi! My Name Is Emma, I’m 10. I Was Diagnosed On The 9th Of May 2012.My Highest BGL Has Been 32.8 And My Lowest BGL Was 1.6! I Was Wondering If You Guys Had A Favourite Thing About Diabetes. I Think For Me It’s Because It Gives Me Confidence, And I’m Different. I Also Love Being A Part Of This Wonderful Kind Community Of Diabetics Reading Inspirational Posts. I Believe Diabetics Are The Kindest People In This World.

volaer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Don't like pricking...
My favorite thing is that, I have to lose weight. Meaning, I have that as my motivation. Now I look younger and more active especially that I exercise a lot now.

ashleyk2552

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People saying 'I know how you feel'! NO YOU DONT!
Type one: I don't really have anything that is my favourite thing about it... Only thing would be it makes me more mature then my friends!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
ForeverDreaming said:
Hi! My Name Is Emma, I’m 10. I Was Diagnosed On The 9th Of May 2012.My Highest BGL Has Been 32.8 And My Lowest BGL Was 1.6! I Was Wondering If You Guys Had A Favourite Thing About Diabetes. I Think For Me It’s Because It Gives Me Confidence, And I’m Different. I Also Love Being A Part Of This Wonderful Kind Community Of Diabetics Reading Inspirational Posts. I Believe Diabetics Are The Kindest People In This World.

I wouldn't use favourite as a word :eek: but I do like your post and thinking about it we are pretty special, aren't we?

All the best RRB :)

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
Eating favourite sweets to counteract hypo symptoms= corrective action!!!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi Emma

My favourite thing is meeting wonderful people like yourself and hearing there stories :)

You sound very brave and totally awesome

Best Wishes

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Although I hate the fact that I'm type 2 at 33, I do think that it's finally given me the ability to change my lifestyle. I've been a big girl all of my life, and never had any kind of will-power. For close to 20 years I've dieted, crash dieted, done fitness plans, and never had any real results.
Suddenly, I got told I'm diabetic, got lots of tablets thrust at me, and got told the horrors of uncontrolled diabetes... and now I have a reason to get healthy and stay healthy.
I've lost 45lbs, and feel great.

paulieg223

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry to sound negative but, so far, I haven't identified a favourite anything about being diabetic. When I think about it I either feel that I over-confident about the whole thing or petrified I am not taking it seriously enough...either way it's very scary. :?

slaterk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It has to be that I've learnt so much about food and how different food affects your body. I feel enlightned. Also, has to be the jelly babies I eat when I'm hypo!