Which do I believe?!

Merluna

Ok I had previously brought my own accuracy check system BGL monitor and have been using that for 6 months now. The docs have been allowing me to get strips on prescription until today. They did warn me that they were no longer issuing strips for any monitors other than nexus ones. They have now provided my with a nexus monitor and strips.
I decided for the sheer hell of it to test on each system the same large drop of blood! The accu one read 6.8 the nexus 5.2!!! I then tested with control solution and both say they are within the range for the strips (which as a scientist seems a massive range!)

I want to say 'the doc one will be the most accurate' it being the lower reading but is this that case in your experience?

10 months diagnosed hpa1c down from 12.2 to 7.1 so must be doing something right! My average on my old monitor is 6.9 mmol but it could be lower on the new one!

LittleWolf

Maybe you were doing so well because you thought your readings were higher? Like setting your clock fast to stop you running late,

Maybe next time you go into the doctors office test with both before drawing blood to see which Is closer to your venous sample. A lot of people say Codefree can read a bit high so I tested against the lab result and it was bang on.

Maybe assume 1 mmol higher with the second meter to keep your great control x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Merluna

That's a good idea to test against the venous sample! I'll def do that! The new meter is code free, the old one wasn't so we will see!
Thank you for your suggestion

LittleWolf

Oh I meant that the brand SD Codefree supposedly reads a touch high but that could be a factor! Although your new meter reads lower not higher lol

In any case I hope you can determine which one to trust and keep up the good work :3 Many cuddles from Little Wolf xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App