Motivation

lauraJane

Hi new to the site and stuff, but I was just wondering if I'm alone ?

I have had diabetes for eight years now type 1 and it used to be perfectly controlled the past few yeArs it has been spiralling out if control and I was eating what I wanted and barely injecting , I know I have diabetes I just think its unfair and not right for me at 21 to be so diabetes consumed, I was depressed and went on Dafne which is amazing however the motivation is going again and my control is yet again slipping, any advice ? Does anyone else feel so depressed and unmotivated ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Fayesmummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yep :( I have been type 1 for 7 years and I am 26. I was diagnosed during pregnancy but sadly it stayed after delivery :( I too struggle to keep good control of my injections and blood sugar monitoring to the point I inject like two or three times a day.
Before I had my little girl it was perfectly controlled and now it slipping again. I am fed up of diabetes controlling my life xx

Diagnosed since I was three and am now 19... My levels were perfect until I hit my teens and discovered unhealthy and sugary snacks. My HBA1C hit 14%, and so I reached for a DAPHNE course too... My levels perfected for five months before I lost my motivation just like you...
I kept it up, simply because one day I was ill, and ended up in hospital for the fifth time with DKA...
That was my motivation to keep going, but my god sweetie you've done the hard part of sorting them out... Push yourself and remember how things used to be...
You'll do it all :) x

Bitstormy66

Hi everyone, ive t2 for about 7 years and this last year im finding it hard to take my meds and i never take my insulin, ive nearly given up altogether in testing my blood and seeing the diabetic nurse and doctors etc. i dont know how to get back the motivation to even care about myself, i have had diabetic painful neuropothy and numb fingers feet and so on for a couple of years but i cant tell my kids or family how i feel and i dont bring attention to my not taking my meds... Does anyone feel the same and has anyone managed to get out of this rutt.... I dont like being like it but i dont feel strong enough to keep this going..