Newbie Type 2

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
debs6566 said:
:D Hi I have seen my DN and she was lovely. She wanted to know how I was feeling and offered me a BM machine (well in fact two different kinds!) I was in for nearly an hour and she directed me to websites. She advised that I take my BM twice a week on waking (already tried it 3 times ). she made sure I knew how to use it. She was very supportive and she is in three times a week so I can go anytime and not have to wait for " Diabetic Clinic" as the receptionist said. There aren't any Desmond courses anywhere near me - like in next counties even but she will follow it up. She also said I could ring her anytime if I just wanted to talk or for support - which obviously upset me cos I was ready for a fight . Having another HBa1c test end of August and a double appointment to see how things going so all in all thumbs up for my DN :clap: she must be alright she is a Debra too :p
Thanks Sarah I accidentally had some apple crumble today (you know how it just falls in your mouth when you least expect it!) and I didn't even really enjoy - I even left some which has never been known
Thanks Alli I really appreciate your support x sorry I cant read your PM I have tried to contact the administrator again so fingers crossed. Try not to be down hearted about your fasting blood sugar its the long term that's important. My BM was 7.2 this morning ( might have been that cheeky fruity cider I had last night) knowledge is power at least we all know we have Diabetes and have a chance to try and control it.
Debs :D

Hi debs,

Really pleased it all went well! and who doesn't like a cheeky cider!

I did body balance last night and it brought my BGL down and still at 6.9 this morning, so pleased about that :lol:
Hopefully they can sort out the PM situation!
Have a great night just rushing off to bodypump this morning!
Alli x

diablife

Hi Debs,

Looks like you have joined a long list of folks in the same boat!
When I was diagnosed Type2, it took me a long time to accept the fact.
I also discovered there was so much information that I was overwhelmed by it.
However I discovered that a site like this one is full of good helpful information.
I also found a site written by someone who had Diabetes and was offering his insite to living with it in simple words.
www.diabetes-and-life You may want to take a look!

Anyway Good Luck

debs6566

Wow Alli that's commitment Im very impressed - Im going to body lying down class in a minute - Ive got great stamina for that , at least 6 hours continuously just need to try the body upright moving at a fast pace :crazy: lol that's brilliant well done.

Hi diablife thanks for the comments, your right its so overwhelming but its not the end of the world , there are people who have a lot more problems than I and I have a chance to turn things around so I am grateful for that. This website is great and people are so supportive :thumbup:

netball

Would you like to be paid for your opinion - Newly diagnosed T2 diabetes patients needed for paid research

M3 Global research are conducting some PAID research in Hammersmith next Thur

YOU WILL BE PAID £100 FOR 1 HOUR OF YOUR TIME

If you would be interested - please call me on 07932 997432

Kind regards
Sue

sarahanne

can anybody else tell me if they suffer from profuse sweating after meals or drinks?
i seem to break out in a sweat usually an hour or so after eating/drinking, the back of my head ends up dripping, not sweating anywhere else, mentioned this to my DN 2 weeks ago and she told me to stop taking my meds for kidneys at night and try in the morning but nothing has changed, I take metformin 500g at breakfast and evening meal and Lisprinol (not sure of correct spelling) for kidneys leaking protein, other than that i am careful with my diet and eat very few carbs.........confused.com :?

Morganator

My Mum who was diagnosed T2 about 30 years ago has similar problems when eating and her GP said it was gastroparisis which I understand is a form of neuropathy. She has been prescribed metoclopramide which is supposed to help food move through the digestive tract.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App