Travel Insurance Grrrrrr!!!

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
Neil Walters said:
Sounds like some letter writing is called for although as a type II tablet controlled I have never really been concerned about my condition ever being the cause of a claim so it has never concerned me enough to read the detail. I am grateful to you as I now will do that and follow the point up with them.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I eventually have just dealt with this a few weeks before we travel - I read the small print in the summary information on the Lloyds website which clearly states that unless they have confirmed in writing that you are, you will not be covered which I did not know until it was pointed out to me in an earlier post - there is a number to call.

A five minute telephone conversation later and it is confirmed that everything is in order and cover is in place. The underwriter is AXA and it was not difficult to sort out.

Therefore, for Lloyds customers like myself who get the travel insurance free with their account pack, there are no additional costs of obtaining cover for a Type II diabetic such as myself - do not pay additional charges although be aware that there is a £40 excess for each and every claim.

manbatl

Booked holiday through Thomson and had their insurance via Axa. I had to ring Axa for the screening, they were brilliant, an extra £12.50 required . I was lucky by the sound of it