1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Travel Insurance Grrrrrr!!!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by Cheryl, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Neil Walters

Neil Walters Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I eventually have just dealt with this a few weeks before we travel - I read the small print in the summary information on the Lloyds website which clearly states that unless they have confirmed in writing that you are, you will not be covered which I did not know until it was pointed out to me in an earlier post - there is a number to call.

A five minute telephone conversation later and it is confirmed that everything is in order and cover is in place. The underwriter is AXA and it was not difficult to sort out.

Therefore, for Lloyds customers like myself who get the travel insurance free with their account pack, there are no additional costs of obtaining cover for a Type II diabetic such as myself - do not pay additional charges although be aware that there is a £40 excess for each and every claim.

2. manbatl

manbatl · Newbie

Booked holiday through Thomson and had their insurance via Axa. I had to ring Axa for the screening, they were brilliant, an extra £12.50 required . I was lucky by the sound of it

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook