flaxseed oil

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
Steve

Please could you tell me what the brand name of hemp oil from Tesco/Sainsburys is called. I have searched their online sites and can only see flaxseed oil.

Cheers Val

steveD

Val,it is called GOOD OIL by Graham & Murray.It cost me £3 something on Thursday for a 500ml bottle.I have posted a number of times where I get my flax oil.

Dipsy

Holland & barret have flaxseed oil on offer at less than half price at the moment and for the next couple of weeks. It is £5.25 for 500ml. I came out with as much as I could carry!:DJust thought I would share.

steveD

Holland & Barret can't give the stuff away because it tastes like engine sump oil.:x Remember, <b>Buy cheap-buy twice.</b>The oil from Virginia Harvest is dearer,but it is edible.This oil is a food so you want it to be palatable.

Dipsy

:DI guess I'm weird, as I don't mind the stuff! I mostly put it in my home-made bread and salad dressing, so it doesn't make much difference, as the taste is masked anyway.

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
I have tried HB's flax oil and found it made me feel sick so I am going to try another brand.

Have purchased hemp oil (Good Oil) from Tesco yesterday and I'll try that today.

Just need to keep thinking if this is going to do me good then take it as you would medicine to make you better.

Regards Val

steveD

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dipsy</i>
<br />:DI guess I'm weird, as I don't mind the stuff! I mostly put it in my home-made bread <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I was under the impression that if the oil was heated then it became similar to a trans-fat.On my bottle it says " not to be used for frying or roasting" I suppose it could mean baking as well.Not too sure.

steveD

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bluebird</i>
<br />I have tried HB's flax oil and found it made me feel sick so I am going to try another brand.

Have purchased hemp oil (Good Oil) from Tesco yesterday and I'll try that today.

Just need to keep thinking if this is going to do me good then take it as you would medicine to make you better.

Regards Val
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

http://www.virginiafoods.net

Mix both types of oil with yoghurt and cinnamon and eat fast.8)

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Thanks Steve I will try what you suggest. Have just had a tablespoon of hemp oil and now I feel really sick. I obviously cannot take it straight from the spoon so will have to mix with something.

Cheers Val

steveD

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bluebird</i>
<br />Thanks Steve I will try what you suggest. Have just had a tablespoon of hemp oil and now I feel really sick. I obviously cannot take it straight from the spoon so will have to mix with something.

Cheers Val
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I find that I can eat it very easily mixed in this way.Use a good low fat organic yoghurt.I use Yeo.

Redathena

Dislikes
Orthodox medicine
Hi,

Firstly, I'm in a bit a limbo, as I haven't "officially" been diagnosed yet. Since Christmas I have had a number of symptoms and had various tests, including 3 blood tests 2 standard and a fasting blood test, but my doctor has advised me that she is almost positive that I am type II diabetic. I am due to have another fasting blood test this week.

If there is anyone who can tell me what a positive type II test would be I'd be grateful.

In my search for information, which has been extensive I have come across a "cure" for type II. Desperate for hope, before I ask my doctor about the diet and I was wondering if anyone has seen this link, tried this diet and if anyone has had any success. It seems similar to the flaxseed oil post. I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

http://www.cancertutor.com/Diabetes/Dia ... ype_II.htm

You'll notice that it is very specific anout the oil and names Barlean's oil, again has anyone tried this.

I'd really appreciate any advice that anyone could offer.

chocolateboy

hi, i am starting my own course of UDO's choice oil, its meant to be a blend and i can recommend it on the taste side of things, I am not taking the recommended 3-4 Tbl spoons. as that was around 29g of fat and i am trying to loose a 1/2 a stone. however i am taking 1 spoon poured over cereals and once in the milk you can hardly taste it. I am also taking 1 spoon in a protein shake and you cant even taste it. i am concerned slightly about the amount of fats this will add to my diet can anyone shed any light on this and is it safe?

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Please can you tell me where you bought your oil and how much is it.
Have just read about it but cann't see any prices.

Have tried flaxoil and hempoil and they don't suit me. Giving the seeds a try but it's a bit of a bind grinding them up.
Cheers Val

chocolateboy

hi, its available at larger Holland and barrett stores it sells for £16.99 for 500ml bottle ,check they have followed the corrent storage before you buy, as not all the staff in all the stores are clued up on the products they sell

ChocFish

Oh you can buy it for £16.95 on ebay, freepost, I have used this oil in the past, but since I sprinkle my food with seeds all the time anyway I only take Flaxseed and Hemp oil.

All the best everyone and be healthy x

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

deborah

hi new to this site as i have been reading up on my mothers diabetes, which she has recently been diagnosed with. i have been reading about the faxseed oil you are taking is it the same as flaxseed granuales i call it for high fibre? you sprinkle it on food and really cant taste it but very good. hope this may help some one. origianlly looking for recipes and have found some real nice ones. good luck to you all. deborah

Sula

Hi

I have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and am finding all the information very confusing. I am controlling it with diet. I have just started on the oil cure , after swallowing a spoon full of oil I take a teaspoon of almond nut butter (almonds are good for the heart) so I now look forward to my flax oil even though it tastes disgusting. I am trying to lose weight by exercising on a treadmill so don't worry too much about the oil consumption as I hope I am walking it off!

sixfoot

At the risk of sounding a complete numpty, is there anything by way of evidence out there that this process has or does what it claims ??

Low carb i do because others have had success and i have seen the results for myself

Dave P

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
We mostly use rapeseed oil. I sprinkle flaxseeds on my porridge....just making sure I top up with plenty of liquid :shock: