Desmond session

sandsq

I would like to hear from anyone who has been to a Desmond Session as a newly diagnosed Type 2 patient. What can I expect?
What is involved re group sessions?
What did you take away from the day?

I am sure I will gain from it but just so confused with all the info being thrown at me just now!

Thanks in advance

mitsi5959

hi
i went at the begining of the year, a lot to absorb, i found it quite informative, if you have any questions write them down and take them along with you, good luck

mickey121

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did mine 3 months ago found it very interesting you get out of it what you put in . Some just turned up but if you engage with the DN and the nutritionist you can learn about he different foods and how best to take charge of your Diabetes. I feel more in control of mine since attending . Good luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mikey mike

Hi can I firstly say that I'm newly diagnosed type 2-well if you call four months ago new Lol!
I'll comment on another thread about my progress, but here I just wanted to say that I got nothing out of the Desmond course at all. It may sound big headed on my part and I don't mean it to, but I felt that at the end I'd wasted the entire day....

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
mikey mike said:
Hi can I firstly say that I'm newly diagnosed type 2-well if you call four months ago new Lol!
I'll comment on another thread about my progress, but here I just wanted to say that I got nothing out of the Desmond course at all. It may sound big headed on my part and I don't mean it to, but I felt that at the end I'd wasted the entire day....

Me neither and in fact I got banned from attending the second session for constantly complaining about the rubbish dietary advice "Sat fat is bad" and "Plenty of starchy carbs with every meal" etc

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
I have asked my dn for desmond course and she said she had never heared of it then after I pointed out it was in nice guidelines she said its only for type 1s I pionted out that their course was a dafne . She said oh dont know then