Wipes

broads

Are there any wipes available for cleaning the area of skin before a glucose test as it's not always possible to wash hands. I was thinking of something very small even about 3cm sq. If not might it be a good idea for a manufacturing company?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
You would have to watch what the wipes were impregnated with as this could distort your blood sugar readings.

broads

That's why I wondered if it would be possible for someone to manufacture some that were impregnated with something that would not affect the test . Was just a thought.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I carry tissues & baby lotion (for other reasons.) You could use saliva. Its cheap, readily available & won't allow drug manufacturers to exploit us.

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We use ordinary baby/toddler wipes, have done for ages. Despite warnings from the hospital clinic, we have never found that they make any difference to BG's - do double checks from time to time.
Sue

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Don't wipe skin with anything containing alcohol, it will gradually harden skin, which you don't want.
You can get sterile water from the pharmacy, but it's easy enough to make your own.
Just soak some cottonwool balls in boiled water and keep in a closed polythene bag.