Hello...looking for a buddy. or Two

Genusloci

Hello

My name is mark , I found out 2 weeks ago that I was type 2 , its not much of a surprise my mother is ..but i didnt expect it now as i had a test 2 years ago and was told i was fine . i now know that was a mistake! so for the last two years i have been drinking sugery pop and eating stacks of chocs but i was told to lose a few pounds and i cut out a lot of fatty foods and losing weight... i have in the past two years lost 3 stone ..i was getting on to 18 stone now i am under 14 just !.now i know. what do i do ?

ok drink sugar free now and no choc ! i try to eat healthy so i am building a list of good foods and band foods struggling to get the meds in me without ill effect.

what am i here for?? advice .. and it would be nice to meet a few people at the same stage as me who can be a diabetes buddy ..to sound out things etc.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome Mark :wave:

Well done on changing your lifestyle/eating habits and losing the weight, that's a great big step in the right direction :thumbup:

Hopefully another Type 2 will be along to offer you some advice and help.

Take care RRB :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, Welcome

Sounds like you have done really well with your weight already im sure folks would like to hear more about the foods that helped you lose weight, this is very personal but i would highly reccomend trying to reduce your carbohydrates, carbs are basically sugar once inside so cutting out bread, rice, pasta and potatoes would be helpful, then research other ways to reducing carbs would benefit, definatly worth reading through some posts on the forum to see what other folks are doing regarding diet exercise etc, we are all your buddies now :) ill be round later to lend a tenner lol,
the low carbing thing is only my opinion and dosent suit everyone im sure others will offer different routes to take, you shouldnt only listen to me even though im right and theyre all mad :crazy:

best of luck :)

jampot

Hi Mark
You probably found out you were type 2 on the same day as me - certainly the same week!
Since then I feel that my life has been turned upside down. I spent days and days researching on the internet and feel I know enough now to at least decide what I'm going to do for the time being. I do learn something else every single day.
There doesn't seem to be the facility on here to send private messages so all I can say is find out everything you can about type 2 so you'll feel more empowered to make some choices in how you manage your diabetes. You will learn loads from this site - I have.
Good Luck.

Genusloci

Thanks everyone.. Last Thursday I was rushed to hospital with high keytones. So been off line for a couple of days but back on it now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DCUK Forum mobile app