Clinical trial

Petermc72

Hi all,

Im a Newly diagnosed T1 3 months ago. Enrolled on clinical trial DILT1D being carried out in cambridge to see if administration of proleukin in very low doses can slow or halt beta cell destruction.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it?

HazelBanks

Well, I think you should be proud to be a part of Clinical trial and you shouldn't get worried because medical experts still take care of your health condition besides you are also part of discovering new medication and treatment.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seem to be a good few being run out of Cambridge. I am involved in the DGAP study, though that mainly involves providing plenty of blood samples for them to play with :)

Too far out from diagnosis for the trial you are on but remember reading about it.

Hope it does actually make a difference for you.

/A

Petermc72

Update as promised. Passed initial full examination screening. First injection of proluekin starts a week on Monday fingers crossed!

Petermc72

Update 6 weeks on from my injection of proluekin

Reduced my basal Lantus from 6 units to 1 unit
Increased my carb ratio from 22g/1 unit Humalog to 35g/1 unit Humalog

Average bg lowered from 7.3mmol/l to 6.3mmol/l

I have experienced no side effects except a itchy red patch for 3 days at the injection site following administration

To sum up the trial seems to have bought me an extension to honeymoon phase, sadly it won't last. I assume follow up injections would sustain these benefits and I hope people in the not too distant future can gain from this type of therapy if it's ever made publicly available.

Many thanks to Cambridge University Hospitals