cake recipe

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
it is my birthday on Monday and I would really like to make a low carb cake so that I can eat some of it. I have looked through the recipes on here but can't find anything.

I am looking for a simple cake preferably chocolate. Does anyone have a good (and easy!) recipe?

WhitbyJet

Have you looked here >>http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23840

Cant believe that you didnt find anything? Or you could try making an orange cake, fill it with a chocolate ganache, serve with a dollop of cream, I made this for someones birthday last week, was enjoyed by everyone. Let me know if you would like to have the recipe.

All the best x

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WhitbyJet said:
Have you looked here >>http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23840

Cant believe that you didnt find anything? Or you could try making an orange cake, fill it with a chocolate ganache, serve with a dollop of cream, I made this for someones birthday last week, was enjoyed by everyone. Let me know if you would like to have the recipe.

All the best x

OK I admit I didn't look as well I I could have...I was being lazy - I'm sorry!

the orange cake sounds lovely - please could I have the recipe.

I need to go through the recipe thread with a notebook and pen :D

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
ohhh id love the recipie to as I have a birthday coming along with my husbands ,,

A

AnnieC

I found this recipe in The Ultimate Diabetic Cook Book

Chocolate and Prune cake

300gms/11oz dark chocolate
150gms/5oz low fat spread
200gm/7oz ready to eat prunes or dried apricots can be used instead the cake would be less sweet
3 beaten eggs
150gm/5oz Gram flour
2 tsps baking powder
120mls soya milk

Melt the chocolate in a heat proof dish over a pan of hot water

Beat the prunes and spread until light and fluffy....best done in a food processor..turn into a bowl

Mix the baking powder with the flour and then gradually fold in with the chocolate, prune and spread mixture and eggs then beat in the soya milk

Spoon mixture into a greased and base lined cake tin and cook in a preheated oven 180C/350F for about 20 minutes or until the cake is firm to the touch

It says the Gram flour is a good source of fibre

woodlands

this isn't actually a cake recipe, but a muffin. l am dia.2 this recipe is 4oz ground almonds, 1/4 tsp baking powder 1 tabs. dark cocoa in processor. in another bowl 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp. applecider vinegar, 1 tabs. of agave ( this is a plant sweetner very low and does not affect blood sugar, whisk the wet ingredients and put into processor with dry. whisk place into 4 muffin cases and cook on gas 4 about 15 mins. this is gluton free. l make these about twice a week. l got the recipe from Elana Amsterdam and its called gluten free almond flour cookbook. l am on 2x500 metformin and 18 units of linctus