Burning pain in back

Dyezeegal

I am newly diagnosed and over Chrisymas I gave developed a deep burning sensation in a small area on my upper back. Am going to doc but wondered if this could be relayed to diabetes. Skin looks normal but the pain is deep and ot feels like bad sunburn! Is pain through diabetes confined to the feet? There is no history of breast cancer in family but that is my other concern. Seeing doc Tuesday this week.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Difficult to say what the cause is, your doing the right thing getting it checked out at the docs. Good luck!

Dyezeegal

Might be early sign of shingles, it is in common place. I had a bad cold before Christmas, first cold in ten years, and I am trying to lose weight so might have got a bit run down - though the weightloss is making me feel good. Am not going to worry, just need to cope with the burning sensation and see doc. Thanks for the reassurance. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mikegresty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes and neuropathy
one symptom of diabetic neuropathy is a kind of burning pins and needles sensation mostly in hands arms legs and feet but can affect anywhere. other symptoms would include very sharp and random stabbing nerve pains, loss of sensation to temperature and feeling if necessary a doctor should arrange nerve conduction studies I suffer from neuropathy myself although caused by the shock of an attack upon myself but the diabetes side of neuropathy has also made its contributions over the last 17 years. if you or anyone else ever need advice on this please contact me ill be glad to help.