toast...

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I shouldn't have clicked on the link that said "the 3 diets that are bad for you". One of them was low carb and it mentioned all the things your body needs carbs for. It didn't help that my lunch wasn't all that nice so what did I do...have 2 slices of toast. But it was bergen bread with butter:) Now I feel bad that I ate it.

Reactions: 2 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
dont feel bad .. bergen bread ok really, could of been worse you could of had warburtons now u would be bouncing from the walls by now..

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe i watched a thing the other day called 10 reasons not to eat almonds, i think almonds are awesome, you can find something telling you why not to do anything, theres probly a 10 reasons not to help old ladies across the road if you look :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hehe i watched a thing the other day called 10 reasons not to eat almonds, i think almonds are awesome, you can find something telling you why not to do anything, theres probly a 10 reasons not to help old ladies across the road if you look :)

Reason number 1) almonds are gross

No more reasons needed!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
id be lost without almonds :) almond flour too

A

AnnieC

I know I shouldn't have clicked on the link that said "the 3 diets that are bad for you". One of them was low carb and it mentioned all the things your body needs carbs for. It didn't help that my lunch wasn't all that nice so what did I do...have 2 slices of toast. But it was bergen bread with butter:) Now I feel bad that I ate it.

Surely you don't have to cut out toast if you have Bergen bread..can't stand that myself... I have two slices of Hovis wholemeal or granary toast with whatever I have for breakfast I could not give up my breakfast toast as it is the only time I eat bread

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Almond flour stuffing was nice at chrimbo-shame the Turkey was off and had to be slinged in the bin on christmas morning!:arghh:

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'll never forget the smell for as long as I live!:eek: You really could cut it with a knife! Yuk! lol

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
we bought a turkey for boxing day, family were at mine (ugh) but i went in the morning to get some extra bits (ended up having 2 muslims so needed some special bits) the turkeys boxing day morning were 70% off lol gutted

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I know I shouldn't have clicked on the link that said "the 3 diets that are bad for you". One of them was low carb and it mentioned all the things your body needs carbs for. It didn't help that my lunch wasn't all that nice so what did I do...have 2 slices of toast. But it was bergen bread with butter:) Now I feel bad that I ate it.[/quote

Lol, don't feel bad, unless you have gluten allergy! If you're going to sin at least ENJOY it. Otherwise no point in doing it ;) :)

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you everyone for talking sense! I love almonds...OH makes a good almond pizza base. I have booked an appointment with the GP for next week - this will be 2 1/2 months after I was diagnosed pre diabetic. I figured a week or two to get an appointment with the nurse and that will be 3 months. I hope my Hb1ac will have gone down.

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surely you don't have to cut out toast if you have Bergen bread..can't stand that myself... I have two slices of Hovis wholemeal or granary toast with whatever I have for breakfast I could not give up my breakfast toast as it is the only time I eat bread

Even a couple of slices of the small Bergen loaf would contain 18g carbs that may not seem a lot to some, but many type 2s find their insulin resistance worse in a morning and dawn phenomenon could also play a part. I don't test often these days apart from morning fasting levels which I know can be very erratic,

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
thank you everyone for talking sense! I love almonds...OH makes a good almond pizza base. I have booked an appointment with the GP for next week - this will be 2 1/2 months after I was diagnosed pre diabetic. I figured a week or two to get an appointment with the nurse and that will be 3 months. I hope my Hb1ac will have gone down.
Let us know how you get on:) I bet it will be better than you think, you seam to be doing the right things. Well done :couchpotato:

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

If ever you feel the need for toast again then include some more food groups with it as it will lessen the impact on your blood sugar. A poached egg on one slice of toast with some mushrooms is an example.