Pump users

kcarson

Hi I have been on a pump for a year now but was just wondering does anyone else using a pump feel very bloated at times? I have started to find my tummy area has started to feel tender and sore.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I have been on a pump for a year now but was just wondering does anyone else using a pump feel very bloated at times? I have started to find my tummy area has started to feel tender and sore.

anywhere else you could put cannula to give stomach a break and see if helps outer thigh, back of arms, (or buttocks)

Reactions: 2 people

kcarson

Thanks for reply Brett yea I had changed my site for a while and wasn't as bloated but back to tummy again as it was not as effective in buttocks and started to get bloated again. Not sure if it a common side effect or just my body

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The stomach is meant to be the best place to inject, put a cannula as it has the fastest absorbtion rate. But, continued use without sufficient rotation around the stomach can cause problems to. Different to injecting as basal can be injected one place, different places for different meals. But with a cannula, one place is used for 2~3 days. Different places may require diff baal rates and/or bolus amounts.

Reactions: 2 people

the_exile

Did you change insulin when you went on the pump? Sure I heard someone had changed from Humalog to Novorapid and had the same kind of issue, I stayed on Humalog and haven't had any bother at all.