Crepitus

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
spiders, ants, wasps, ignorant people, people with no manners.
Hi I don't know if this is diabetes related but I wouldn't be surprised if it was? But just lately I have been feeling nauseas after eating or tho I've not actually vomited and also when I lie on my back and only on my back I get this popping, crackling thing in my throat? Bit like candy popping I'm not sure if there related or not? I'm currently dealing with Charcot and proximal neuropathy in my hips could that be a link. I've come across something called crepitus? But again not sure I'm not recovering from a cold or cough and only happens when I'm on my back? Just wondering if anyone else had anything like this?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Emma, if you're feeling nauseous after eating or worried about something else, you really need to talk to your doc. He can examine you and either give you guidance or put your mind at rest.
The word crepitus normally refers to a sound . So for example, it can be used to describe the creaking, grinding or popping sound sometimes heard when a knee joint moves backwards and forwards ( if it's without pain, normally no problem). It can also refer to the crackling sound in the chest of a person with pneumonia.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had bad crepitus when I had pneumonia, and also minor cracking and squeaking when I get chest infections. I do have asthma, so it's a common occurrence for me.
Mention it to your doctor. You may have a bit of an underlying infection, or be a bit more phlegmy than normal. With me, it happens when there's a bit of fluid in my lungs (the noise happens when the air moves past the fluid).

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
spiders, ants, wasps, ignorant people, people with no manners.
Thanks for the advice will see GP just to be on the safe side like you say it will put my mind at rest. Sorry to hear you've had pneumonia I've heard it's not very pleasant and imagine its a lot harder with diabetes too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App