Blood results

Robocop

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Managers that can't make simple decisions.
I am so chuffed today to be told that my blood tests were given the all clear. Blood sugar level as normal as can be. This is only due to a change of diet and rigorous exercise!!! Whoopee!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

Robocop

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It was a shock to me when i was first diagnosed because its what my dad died of. As soon as i was diagnosed type 2 it was a knee jerk reaction to change my complete diet overnight and pound the gym. Cut out all fats and sugars including fizzy drinks. Now on low fat everything. Plenty of fruits and eating 3 times a day. Its worked for me so start as i mean to go :))))

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done and best wishes!!!!!

John_ch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot!
Congratulations, it's always nice to read the success posts! :)

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Well done that's fantastic x

Sarah2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My diabetes my anger and my sugars :-(
It was a shock to me when i was first diagnosed because its what my dad died of. As soon as i was diagnosed type 2 it was a knee jerk reaction to change my complete diet overnight and pound the gym. Cut out all fats and sugars including fizzy drinks. Now on low fat everything. Plenty of fruits and eating 3 times a day. Its worked for me so start as i mean to go :))))

I'm confused? I've lost 6stone thru diet and exercise but my sugars are sky high I'm thinking maybe I eat to much fruit but you just said that's what you eat? Dosnt that increase ur sugars?

Robocop

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well i've been having fruits such as bananas, apples and plums. But then is my exercise getting rid of any excess sugar? I don't know how the sugars in fruit work.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Well done Robocop :)

Sarah it is all down to different metabolisms. lt could also be excercise is using a lot of the fruit sugars going in.
lf your sugars are high what do you eat and do you meter.

Robocop

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yeah i think thats what it is. Said that i am at the gym 5 times a week doing cardio and upper body so i guess that has helped me along the way.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Robocop, how many grams of fat, carbs and protein do you eat per day, in average?

Robocop

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
To be honest i haven't been measuring. As for fats its very minimal as i'm always looking at the labels when i go shopping. As for protein etc i have turned to dishes such as quorn chicken, pasta,noodles etc. So i don't know how much in average this all amounts to.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
See if you can check on how much occasionally, I am intrigued. You see, I go for high fat, and try to keep both carbs and protein down. It works very well, for me that is, with low carb, medium protein and high fat. What I wonder is where those of you who do low fat get the macro nutrients from. That is why I asked.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
medium protein,
To be honest i haven't been measuring. As for fats its very minimal as i'm always looking at the labels when i go shopping. As for protein etc i have turned to dishes such as quorn chicken, pasta,noodles etc. So i don't know how much in average this all amounts to.

Brilliant results!
Same sort of diet as me. Apart from the pasta, sadly, it's bad for my meter reading. Lots of veg as well, low fat, lean protein, no "bad" (for me) carbs. And exercise certainly helps me too.

Last edited by a moderator: