Little question

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
If you have a appointment with the Doctor, it might be wise to fast 12 hours prior to the time as a blood sample might be taken. Hopefully someone might come along and advise accordingly.
Do not worry as stress does not help.
Best of luck :)

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Hi and welcome, I don't think it is so much that doctors don't care and brush it under the carpet I think it is the amount of time that they have allocated for each patient (3 minutes) is just long enough to say what is wrong. When you ring to make an appointment specify that you want/need a double appointment or even treble.

ilovediamonds

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I couldnt get on at all today! I'll try and again in the morning. Really 3 minutes is all we get, wow i didnt know that, makes sense then! Thank you

Sent from the Diabetes Forum Ap

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
3 minutes? lol i think its 10, it takes them at least 5 minutes to upset me with their ignorance so must be more than 3 minutes :)

Reactions: 2 people

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Andy12345 I actually 10 minutes today which is a first lol

maplelime

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter in Alberta
Hello everyone! This is my first post, i have a question, so ive not actually be diagnosed with diabetes but for the last 6 months or so ive been feeling awful! My mum is a nurse and says my behaviour and symptoms can relate to being diabetic, this is how i feel on a day to day basis-
-so so thirsty, dry mouth
-constanly urinating (down to me drinking so much
-very blurred vision, almost feel drunk
-tired alot of the time.
There is other things but this is what happens alot, so my question is what do you think i should do? I tested my sugar levels about 9pm a few days ago and it was 23mmol? (My mum has a kit) Ive tried eating healthy, ive tried doing all sorts but i cant get myself to feel ok. Thanks for reading! :) x
It sounds identical to my symptoms, so yes, make the appointment, keep carbs and sugar out of your diet for a few days until you get meds if it is. I was told the blurred vision is from sugar in your tears. I felt better within days of getting the meds. I am now following a strict diet of low, low, low carbs and no sugar. Only certain foods, tough but its working. Hope we're all wrong about your diagnosis.