What next

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been told today I have got diabetes and appointment with nurse next week gp receptionist said I should inform dvla but what can I tell them until I know type and what to do

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
read this https://www.gov.uk/diabetes-driving it lays out the position and I think the receptionist is just wrong to say that to you. Also you get told to inform your insurance company but both mine and my wife insurers weren't interested if you didnt need to inform the DVLA.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have read dvla stuff but it says if just treating it with diet then don't need to inform them but I am not treating it with anything until I see nurse

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
so no need to inform them until something changes. Good luck with your appointment next week. take the leaflet with you and make sure you know which section any tablets fall under.

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Charlie , I was diagnosed 6 months ago now and just want to reassure you that with a few diet and lifestyle changes you can control it without major changes to your life. I am diet controlled and have good control of my blood/glucose levels . This website is a great place to be, ask lots of questions and some really knowledgeable people will be there to answer them.All the best Dave.

K

Kat100

I think you do have to inform the DVLA and your insurance .....I I was informed to do so by my gp .......hope you get more clarity soon....

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Rang insurance company and they were not worried. Not injecting or suffering hypo/hyper. Told to check on dvla website. No probs.