Low, Lower?

Joe Sweatthang

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not Paragliding
Thanks for the explanation Beachbag. I guess I'll have to look into how I should preserve my pancreatic functions.

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you smidge, your post is very encouraging! :). I've had my first two days of basal/bolus and they've been a bit of a challenge. I awoke this morning to a 10.5 ( yuck!) and have spent most of today out with my dog doing extra miles, and juggling carbs rather than hiking up the insulin....no doubt that was the wrong thing to do but.... hey ho, at least the weather was good ;) I agree about mid fives. My body feels right at that level so I'm going to do my best to get there.
Take care!
Geri ;)

If you wake high BGs regularly, you'll probably need to increase the basal a bit. Exercise certainly helps to reduce insulin needs, but getting the basal right is critical to getting good control with basal/bolus. It's early days - you'll find it all much easier once you have the Basal right.

Take care.

Smidge

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Thank you :). I gave myself just one extra unit of basal this morning and levels have been a bit better. Will add another tomorrow. Hopefully weather will be better too, so we won't get too wet and muddy on our treks, lol
Take care.
Geri

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Crikey I wish I looked half as "hefty" as Geri, she looks just fantastic! :joyful:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Crikey I wish I looked half as "hefty" as Geri, she looks just fantastic! :joyful:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Thank you popsy . It's the shades, they hide a multitude of sins;)
Paula Jonas is an old acquaintance of mine under a slightly different name (and sex) and I expect nothing more than insults from him. However I'm surprised that he's still here.

Reactions: 7 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
@Beachbag

Indeed! As one person disappears another one pops up almost immediately-I wonder whose gonna turn up next?:watching:;)

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
@paul-1976
Oh I'm sure there are plenty more to come. Tho' it's a shame this one is so obvious to some of us, lol.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Cruelty

Ah right, skullduggery is afoot I see :mask:

K

Kat100

Big congratulations to you x

6.1 for me next hba1c next month.....I know I can't go lower not good your my health...

But great if it is right got you.....: )

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Big congratulations to you x

6.1 for me next hba1c next month.....I know I can't go lower not good your my health...

But great if it is right got you.....: )
:) Thanks Kat....6.1 is excellent, d'you think you'll be the same next time?
I want to get down a bit more but it might not suit me so I'll see how it goes. Am still playing with basal/bolus numbers o_O
Take care.
Geri x

Julie Jazz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ive been eating LCHF for about four months and today got my latest HbA1c. I am chuffed and delighted to report it's down from 89 last December to 46. I am very pleased but want to get it at least into the mid 5s. BUT....my DN at the hospital, whilst saying well done, says it's now borderline too low! However after some discussion she has agreed to ask my consultant if I can swap to basal/bolus insulin regime instead of my current Humalogmix. Hopefully that will give me tighter control and a better chance to go lower.
Thanks to all you low carbers who have helped and encouraged me.... including Mr Mitchell et al ;) xx
Well done, Beachbag. I am T2 and just had my results from my 2nd blood test after diagnosis. My HbA1c was 101 on 13th Jan and is now 79. Still a long way to go but my DN said I had done really well in a reasonably short time. Makes it worth all the effort (halo shining).
Julie :happy:

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
That is awesome, you go girl! Congratulations and well done! You look amazing!