Cauliflower rice?

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

I am cooking a chilli tonight & was wondering would cauliflower rice go with it or is it best just to use normal rice? Also how best to make it?
Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

nannyg123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
whingers
Hi
I make cauliflower rice regularly. There's lots of different ways to do it. I put the cauli through a fine grater blade in my food processor but you can use a hand grater. I dry fry onions with some Frylight and add pepper and spices depending on what cuisine I'm eating it with - sometimes chopped veg too - peppers, courgettes etc. Once onions are soft I throw cauli in with splash hot water from kettle. Mix then put lid on and leave bout 8 mins. Stir and serve
Some people suggest not adding water in case it goes soggy but I've never had a problem. Hope you try and enjoy it

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
We always have cauli rice with chilli. We like spicy food so add some cayenne and paprika and I usually add some seeds. Great choice,

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I made it last night for the first time ever and I loved it. I've never been a big fan of rice so I preferred the cauliflower rice over normal. Will definitely have it again :)

Seano

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
Love my ruby's and Burma road, so finding this cauli rice recipe means I don't have to go without a friday or saturday ruby....excellent :joyful: