6 months today!

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It has now been 6 months today since I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I can't believe it's been half a year already; it doesn't seem so long ago that I was in hospital. On the other hand, I can't really remember not counting carbs and weighing my food, it really has become normal.

I would like to thank everybody on this forum for so many things:

1) knowledge. I have learnt so much from all of you, more than I could ever have learnt from my dsn (not because she's bad btw). I felt so overwhelmed in the beginning that I thought I would never know all I need to in order to manage this. I still have a lot to learn but I no longer worry because I know I can ask anything on here.

2) for always being there and being so quick to respond The first thing I did when I got a sickness bug was post on here for advice and people responded straight away, which I was really grateful for.

3) encouraging me and congratulating me on the positives. I read this forum all day every day and it always picks me up and people have been so kind to me.

4) helping me even with non diabetic issues. When I posted about my family issues I just wanted to get it all off my chest. Never did I expect the supporting words from everyone and it really helped me through such a difficult time.

5) never judging me when I admit to messing up or when I ask lots of questions .

6) lastly I would like to thank you all for my hba1c coming down from 10.7 wen diagnosed to 7.2 just the other day. I could never have done it without you all.

I felt so alone at the start and I cried literally every single day for about 2 months. I still feel sad sometimes but never alone and as time goes on my anxieties lessen, even my non diabetic ones that I had even before diagnosis. I put that down to this forum. Sorry this was so long, I'm just feeling all warm and fuzzy tonight :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

Samanthacxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's amazing I'm glad you're feeling warm and fuzzy, because that's the way it should be!

I'm 6 months today! 23rd! Time really does fly...(when you're having fun :p)

Happy six months! Xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people