OMG?Kidney and pancreas transplant

TopoGigi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Negativity
Just reached 17 years with my Pancreas transplant, can't believe it's been that long.

Reactions: 6 people

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
Hi everyone just a quick update. Unfortunately things are getting worse and last Friday I had the catheter for pd inserted into my belly. My blood pressure is rocketing and doesn't seem to want to come down. I have to wait a couple of week for it to heel before I can start dialysis and also do some training. I'm very upset lately and would feel feel so much better when my b/p comes down and the headaches disappear. Back to the hospital on Thursday for the dressing to be changed and hopefully get things sorted. :-(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone just a quick update. Unfortunately things are getting worse and last Friday I had the catheter for pd inserted into my belly. My blood pressure is rocketing and doesn't seem to want to come down. I have to wait a couple of week for it to heel before I can start dialysis and also do some training. I'm very upset lately and would feel feel so much better when my b/p comes down and the headaches disappear. Back to the hospital on Thursday for the dressing to be changed and hopefully get things sorted. :-(

I hope it goes well.

Keep us informed?

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!
Hi sugar pie, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Sending lots of hugs to you and hope that you feel better very soon. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well where do start. To make it brief my kidney function has slowly been declining and now functioning at about 13%. I was at guys hospital today and it has been recommended that I have both kidney and pancreas transplant. I have never thought this would happen to me but then again who does? I'm not quite sure why I am writing this but I am totally lost for words and still think that it might not happen. I was shown around the ward, had some blood taken and arranged for a cardiac stress test. I have been type1 diabetic for the past 28years of my life (i'm now 33years) and this is the most bizarre feeling that I may no longer need to test or inject. Apparently I should feel excited and grateful but for some reason I don't. I'm petrified and think that maybe its not too bad and easier staying diabetic. I'm just wondering if there is anybody on here that could give any information on having the transplant, what to expect and how they felt etc. Sorry if I do sound ungrateful but the fear of the unknown is just too much to bear. :(
I hope sugar pie since you wrote this message back in july 2013, you had a positive turn out with the transplant, and hope your doing ok,please keep us all updated on how it all went for you, and even though i do not know you never met you, your not forgotten, I hope you got through the hurdle and you are all right. hugs x