New to the forum

Smiler501

Hello everyone. I have registered for the first time to try and help my husband who has just been diagnosed with type 2 bordering on type 1. He is completely devastated by it all and I am the one that's being strong for him. I need all your help and support please x

C

catherinecherub

Hi Smiler and welcome.
Your husband's reaction is perfectly normal and I know that saying we have all been there doesn't help much. It does get easier once you can take control.
Any questions that you need to ask please feel free. There is usually someone who can answer them for you. Diet and testing are the main issues that newly diagnosed need help with so please don't be afraid, fire away. No question is considered silly and we all needed to know in the beginning.
Hope this helps,
Catherine.

Smiler501

Thanks Catherine, I am not alone! My husband was just diagnosed on Friday and has yet to see the dietician. He thinks his life is over not being able to eat and drink what he likes, I just have to try and educate him into realising this condition is controlable. It helps when you guys are there for support x

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya smiler and welcome,
any questions you have just ask :D

anne 37

hi and welcome to the forum lm type1 and fairly new on here ,l have had some good advice from the guys on here and have gave some advice to people who have had same problems as me ,theres always some one on here that can relate to what your going through ,take care and best wishes .your hubby will get used to it ,it just takes time .

Aadrgon

Hi Smiler

You are doing the right thing, I was diagnosed type 2 a year ago and spent most of that time pretending nothing was wrong. Two weeks ago I had a really bad day (sleeping all the time and felt rough) checked my BG and it was 19.
Found this site -followed the basic low carb advice about cutting out certain foodstuffs my BG is still not perfect at 7.5 but I'm losing weight and feel much better for it.
Read through the low carb forum there is a lot of useful information in there and remember if you have any questions - ask :)